Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

Well it doesn’t seem like the fully immersive RPG I was expecting.  I don’t have any interest or urge to do anything outside the main story.

The main quest line is definitely keeping me interested but I just feel like I’m paying a story driven action game at the mo.

The Digital Foundry analysis videos on this are interesting. It's pretty clear that the game has been poorly optimised for the last gen consoles, with the base consoles being barely able to play it at an acceptable standard (especially Xbox One). It might be the case that this is simply too heavy for those consoles but CDPR have clearly decided they needed the sales from the last gen. The boosted consoles are better but still not great.

The new consoles do better but there's even some weird stuff there. The Series X seems to have improved visuals and boosts things like crowd density, but runs worse than the PS5, which has a pretty solid framerate. On a powerful PC it's stunning, but even there it's got lots of niggly bugs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Digital Foundry analysis videos on this are interesting. It's pretty clear that the game has been poorly optimised for the last gen consoles, with the base consoles being barely able to play it at an acceptable standard (especially Xbox One). It might be the case that this is simply too heavy for those consoles but CDPR have clearly decided they needed the sales from the last gen. The boosted consoles are better but still not great.

The most damning thing is they lied about it.

“Speaking earlier this week on Wednesday (and transcribed by Seeking Alpha), Kaciński said that Cyberpunk 2077's performance on the base PS4 and Xbox One consoles is "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world." The CEO went on to say that although the performance on these base consoles is lower than their "pro" counterparts (the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X), it's still surprisingly good.”

28 minutes ago, dubbs said:

So my gf has just handed me a copy to play on my PS5.  Do I unwrap it or take it back to the shop?

Yeah, the wife was getting me this for Xmas.

I've changed my request to Fenyx Rising.

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, the wife was getting me this for Xmas.

I've changed my request to Fenyx Rising.

Also had a look at that, but doesn't really look like my thing.  Maybe I'll wait for the PS5 version. 

• Like 1

Just now, dubbs said:

Also had a look at that, but doesn't really look like my thing.  Maybe I'll wait for the PS5 version. 

Yeah, I think like many people I'll wait for a bug free / shiny PS5 version.

Although having read the reviews and general backlash, it seems even with the whistles and bells it's still a missed opportunity.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I think like many people I'll wait for a bug free / shiny PS5 version.

Although having read the reviews and general backlash, it seems even with the whistles and bells it's still a missed opportunity.

With all the backlash you'd hope the devs are now forced into ironing out the bugs and adding in more content. 

Really is pretty ridiculous how many bugs there are when they postponed the release date as much as they did.  I have been looking forward to playing it, but not until all these are hashed out, however long that may be

On 14/12/2020 at 21:55, Wainy316 said:

Well it doesn’t seem like the fully immersive RPG I was expecting.  I don’t have any interest or urge to do anything outside the main story.

The main quest line is definitely keeping me interested but I just feel like I’m paying a story driven action game at the mo.

Which version are you playing - pc or console?

I'd feel sorry for them if they hadn't tried to rig the review process and cover up the problems to con people in to buying a broken game. CDPR are pretty much dead to me.

Vote with your wallet.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I've seen it said elsewhere, but it really is the case the needs a No Man's Sky level of 'after release care' from the devs to get it back on track. 

NMS is the reason that, as much as this looked like something I would absolutely love, I was happy to wait and see.  Once bitten, etc.  Looks like the right call and I may now even hold off until I go next-gen, whenever that winds up being.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

PS4.

Must say I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs yet.  Lots of niggles but no worse than New Vegas was.

Playing this on PS4 as well and in the same boat. It definitely has the niggles but I've only had it crash once, maybe twice. I've not got that far through it (1/2 main missions and a few side missions) and I am just finding it fun to go around. I think what doesn't help is that the controls and level up system are not standard so it has taken me a little to get around it but think I have got my head around it. The OH though is cracking through the game and she is absolutely loving it.

To be honest, if you can look past the bugs, I think there is a pretty decent game there. 

Another example of something I hate about modern gaming.

Obviously being able to patch games and release updates and add content etc is amazing.

But companies shouldn't be allowed to release games that blatantly are not finished and just fix it later. It's bullshit.

• Like 4

Â