Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

Just finished the expansion. Absolutely brilliant. 

If only the game released in its current state. I might play the main story again as I rushed through it when the game was in a poor way. 

Main story wise I'm back to where I was before I walked away, the difference is before I then put 2 or 3 hours in exploring the city picking up some early elite weapons etc and that's when my enjoyment started to die off because it wasn't up to much 

Even at this early stage I can see that's got better, wouldn't say I'm fully engrossed yet but I'm excited, I can see what this game is going to be when it actually gets fully up to speed, I've heard more stuff about builds and what direction to take your character 

Can't work out if the BD is amazing or a bit of a fiddly ball ache 

• Like 1

I've put 10 hours in to the world since the story got to meeting takamura in the restaurant, just driving round shooting people, doing side story, psycho killers whatever they call them stuff like that, would say there's a huge chunk of the levelling and gear that I don't understand so no doubt I've not got the best build or anything like that, there's some weird stuff dotted around still but I'd say it's now in a place where if once an hour you drive past a car and it disappears then reappears I'm not moaning that the game is broken I'm more appreciating that the scale of this game is monstrous 

It's **** brilliant 

Id say to anyone starting out once it does become an open world game go and get fenrir, sub machine gun that just blasts through the early stages of the game 

And a fair few times I've been playing it thinking this raises the bar on GTA5 / RDR2 but I'd expect GTA6 to go past it so that is going to be incredible 

On 05/04/2021 at 19:05, villa4europe said:

I would say my biggest issue with it might be that it has me questioning if I even enjoy western style RPGs

Fallout 3 got away with it but 4 didn't, I enjoyed the witcher but cyberpunk doesn't hit that high, I didn't enjoy skyrim

The inventory management, weight management, the volume of absolute guff that you can pick up, the mods, the customisation, the crafting, the blurred lines between main missions and side missions etc the ability to do everything and go everywhere...it just leaves me a bit cold if I'm honest 

There's so much in this game and to this game and I'm not sure i would say it does any of those elements particularly well 

Looked at my original complaint and why I walked away

I do the drop boxes a lot more now, there's vending machines dotted around the city where you can sell all your items so what I've found myself doing is looting and then visiting a drop box and going again, I think the clothes doesn't seem to be so bad, lots of guns (most of them broken and I don't know where they go) I do have loads of snacks and drinks that I don't use, been caught out a few times and it's annoying but 

I've cut my guns down to iconic ones only (yellow ones) and I'm ok with that, don't really play with the attachments much I just use my favourite gun as it comes, I've maybe got 3 pistols, 1 sniper rifle, 1 AR, 1 submachine gun and 2 katanas on me, also learned that you can go to the apartment and store the iconic weapons there rather than sell them do should do that - I seem to remember having a lot of fun with skippy on my first play but don't like it on this one 

I need to get in to the screen where you're playing with your body (kw) and ripper docs, not touched any of that yet

• 3 weeks later...

I've hit the 35 hour mark, I'm pretty much putting in a 90 minute session every other night 

Done the first wave of the jobs, the psycho stuff, about half of the NCPD stuff, panam and now a couple of the main story missions 

Found the NCPD missions give you enough iconic weapons to really see the game out 

It's brilliant and I love it

Still think the western RPG elements don't really work - there's too many options, you're bombarded with shite that I either sell or scrap but worst of all I'm not entirely convinced by the whole "build" thing, I don't instantly see the benefit of anything that unlocks on the skill tree, I can see I'm getting stronger and I'm breezing my way through most of it because I'm overpowered now but it's not like I need any well thought out consideration in picking actual skills, maybe I'm just a simpleton who likes skills such as "you can now swim" rather than "cool down on smgs reduced by 15%"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

65 hours in, got the last mission available so doing some tidying up, done 99% of the NCPD stuff, tarot, iconic weapons etc all of the mates missions, finished pan am, done a bit of Judy, none of the cop, going after smasher... Got a bug 😢 a certain car isn't in a shipping container so I can't finish the mission 

Decided to finish the game 

I reckon I've left about 20 to 30 hours on the table but at the same time I'm OK walking away now, other games are queuing up, I've loved it, it's a brilliant game, I mean it in all seriousness when I say they've laid the gauntlet down to rockstar with GTA 6, some weird road layouts apart it's a better map and city 

Â