Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

I played on Series X like a pleb, but if I had a 4090 in my PC then damn, the new ray tracing mode is crazy good looking.  It’s probably going to be the next next gen consoles that can produce graphics like this but one day we’ll get proper ray tracing and people will realise that good lighting is the most important thing after all. 

34 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

@MaVilla just finished Edgerunners.  That... had no right being as good as it was!

By Christ though, does everything have to be a downer/bittersweet ending?!

yeah, im in no way a fan of anime, and i was hesitant to watch Edgerunners due to my non plus attitude towards anime generally, but i honestly thought it was excellent!

the ending was something else for sure 😁

• 6 months later...

Just bought this for £20 on Black Friday offer.

Looking forward to it, apparently it's a lot different since the latest 2.0 update?   I guess i'll never know as never played it before. 

What build is decent?  I usually like being overpowered and blowing everyone away with guns but i think this isn't that sort of game?

Don't know about £20, but it's £14 on The Game Collection (for the PS4 game, there's a free PS5 upgrade).

I guess they're clearing stock as the Ultimate Edition has just been announced.

14 minutes ago, hogso said:

Don't know about £20, but it's £14 on The Game Collection (for the PS4 game, there's a free PS5 upgrade).

I guess they're clearing stock as the Ultimate Edition has just been announced.

ohhhh FFS! I bought the PS4 version from Amazon for £20. Then an extra 50GB update (on top of 160GB base game) to upgrade it to PS5 version for free.

Now £17 on Amazon.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

£35 on German amazon so swapped the account, £17 delivered to my mom's pick it up in a few weeks, well happy with that

I put a few hours in when it first came out, didn't think it was as buggy as some reported it, for me it was more the world just felt flat whereas now from what I've heard the world buzzes 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£35 on German amazon so swapped the account, £17 delivered to my mom's pick it up in a few weeks, well happy with that

I put a few hours in when it first came out, didn't think it was as buggy as some reported it, for me it was more the world just felt flat whereas now from what I've heard the world buzzes 

Once you’ve installed it, don’t play it. Go to the PS store, find the PS5 version of the game and ‘buy’ it for free. You can then upgrade the game to the PS5 version. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Just bought this for £20 on Black Friday offer.

Looking forward to it, apparently it's a lot different since the latest 2.0 update?   I guess i'll never know as never played it before. 

What build is decent?  I usually like being overpowered and blowing everyone away with guns but i think this isn't that sort of game?

tbh i always found gun builds underwhelming, the game can be a little bullet spongey.

i always found blade/mantis blade/samurai sandevistan or netrunner builds to be the most OP once they come online.

• Thanks 1

Netrunner builds essentially put the game on easy mode if you just want to have a laugh, and it's never not funny to stand across the street from a building teeming with enemies, hit one of them with contagion and watch them all take turns toppling over like spontaneously combustable dominoes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2023 at 15:27, villarule123 said:

Just started the new expansion for this, it's a bloody good game now, pretty much what everyone was hoping for when it was released. 

The game looks stunning with all the settings maxed out. 

I've not got the expansion yet. Is it good then? Does it unlock stuff from the start, or add extras through a normal playthrough?

On 08/12/2023 at 14:28, HKP90 said:

I've not got the expansion yet. Is it good then? Does it unlock stuff from the start, or add extras through a normal playthrough?

The expansion is much better than the main game story and fixed almost all of the issues the game had when it came out. If the game came out in its state now then it would be being called one of the games of the generation. 

It's especially good on the PC if you're able to max everything out, easily the best looking game I've played. 

37 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The expansion is much better than the main game story and fixed almost all of the issues the game had when it came out. If the game came out in its state now then it would be being called one of the games of the generation. 

It's especially good on the PC if you're able to max everything out, easily the best looking game I've played. 

Cool. I am going to get this, then. Curious to know what you mean by fixing of issues? To be fair when I played it on PS5, it was some time after launch (but before the graphics overhaul) and it didn't seem particularly buggy at all. I had a great time with it. I had a very satisfying conclusion story-wise though, and for this reason I've not been back to it. A new story expansion might be the ticket.  

• 2 weeks later...

67 hours in and finished the game with all 5 endings done, and all 50-100 side missions done. Played it as a straight assault rifle shooter which was great fun.  9/10. 

There were still the occasional bug but nothing bad, just a body or two disappearing, or someone walking through a staircase and things like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've got a big decision to make later today over starting this again or RDR2

I never finished either of them.  Remember the first section of RDR2 being a trudge because it's in the snow iirc but after that it was great.  

Not played cyberpunk properly for ages so I'd probably have to restart that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Second playthrough now with the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty (although I've not got there yet). Man I love this game.

Going full netrunner for this one. I generally wipe out most bad guys without setting foot in a building, then stroll in at my leisure. Overheat for the win. Awesome.

Â