Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

Not the first delay, but certainly the most worrying one. That sounds like there's going to be a rush to the line to get a day 0 patch in because it's in such a bad state. 

I was excited for this, but I'll be waiting for reviews and further patches before I buy it, I think. I'd put money on it being a broken mess on release.

With 3 delays and a solid year of crunch, it's the devs I feel sorry for. CPDR used to be one of the good guys.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The next-gen upgrade is sometime next year with no specific date given.

The experience on day one for PS5/Series X will be a backwards compatible experience with minimal changes. The main difference will likely be the resolution so PS5/Series X will hit 4K more often, but that's about it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same day apparently 

I've done a little digging and it seems that the backwards compatible version is released in December,  but a version which takes advantage of the latest tech is out 2021.

• Like 2

Seems really weird that they are doing it like this.  The game isn't ready but there is probably huge pressure from marketing/sales to get the thing out there before Xmas.   I'm almost certainly going to buy this game but right now I think I'll pick it up when I get a next gen console in the new year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine so its not going to stop me playing it but I googled when the review embargo is up, looks like a fair few are saying they haven't even got the code yet, added to it being rumoured to have a potential 175 hour play time so there's not going to be many good accurate reviews about when we start playing it 

Still staying away from videos and much preview stuff but now looking forward to it, if they can pull it off it will be incredible but can't help but think it'll have a lot of post release work done on it 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Ordered mine so its not going to stop me playing it but I googled when the review embargo is up, looks like a fair few are saying they haven't even got the code yet, added to it being rumoured to have a potential 175 hour play time so there's not going to be many good accurate reviews about when we start playing it 

Still staying away from videos and much preview stuff but now looking forward to it, if they can pull it off it will be incredible but can't help but think it'll have a lot of post release work done on it 

It went gold a while ago didn't it? No doubt the devs will have been working on glitches and bugs since so expect a huge day 1 patch 

Still not sure if I'll pick this up on launch or wait and see....

Edited by dubbs
Typo

Some reviews have come out

Spoiler

Buggy as hell

Huge with tonnes to do but sometimes detrimental to the main story which is surprisingly short, can be completed in under 20 hours

Nothing negative about the rpg or gameplay mechanics though which would be more of a concern to me 

• Like 1

They've got a mechanic in the game that replicates a method of inducing seizures.

So of course they've literally just put that method more or less identically in the game. So people with epilepsy are being given seizures by the game.

How do you think that's a good idea? How?!

50 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They've got a mechanic in the game that replicates a method of inducing seizures.

So of course they've literally just put that method more or less identically in the game. So people with epilepsy are being given seizures by the game.

How do you think that's a good idea? How?!

wtf. that's possibly the dumbest thing i've ever seen added to a video game. 

Â