World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

rose was ok going foward but got caught out for the goal (partial blame for delph and his covering too) but the big difference for me tonight was the set pieces, no young or trippier who can both put in a better ball than rose and definitely better than TAA, that was the biggest disappointment too, despite all the talk of their importance i cant believe southgate left TAA taking our set pieces, they were shit all night

brightest spot for me tonight was loftus cheek, looked very good at times, especially running with the ball against a very physical dembele and fellaini, might be a case of that being a PL midfield battle that he wont get vs colombia but for me he starts

He was poor on the ball, just ran around a lot, not a lot of quality there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

We should have played our strongest team tonight, end of. By the time we play Columbia, our four most important players so far (Kane, Lingard, Trippier and Henderson) won't have played in over a week.

That is a positive though.

How did that Arnold geezer get a game ? - I know he is very young but looked a million miles away from cutting it at this level - the look of relief on his face when he got subbed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

How did that Arnold geezer get a game ? - I know he is very young but looked a million miles away from cutting it at this level - the look of relief on his face when he got subbed.

Liverpool's latest hype job.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

I thought he did alright personally. Better than several of his team mates.

England are missing someone to hit shots or direct free kicks from around the penalty area. Efforts to date have been dreadful. Luckily we're doing a good job so far getting on the end of crosses.

Delph and Dier were poor , no incisive passing going forward and work rate was well down on what we needed.

Really tough match against Columbia now to come and I can't see us getting over that hurdle tbh. If we do then the next game will be against a hard working European team , I would rather play a less physical flair team who struggle under our high press style 

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Liverpool's latest hype job.

Ah right that explains a lot - I was thinking the reason for bright start in the other 2 games was the lack of liverpool media darlings ! - should have known one would be waiting in the wings ! 

• Haha 1

Alexander Arnold stole the show apparently

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-international-duty/2018/6/28/17515912/trent-alexander-arnold-shines-world-cup-competitive-debut-england-belgium

"Alexander-Arnold embraced the role, putting in a number of dangerous crosses, as well as a cheeky long-range effort that nearly caught Thibault Courtois out" .

"but Alexander-Arnold certainly did enough to make his manager think twice about who will be starting in the round of 16 match against Colombia on Tuesday." 

Edited by hippo

Thought we played alright considering it was our B team vs their B team. Wasn't much in the game at all

I've got no problems with playing Colombia, they've looked good in games but so have we. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Colombia are being written off by lots of media already. Reminds me of 2016 when Iceland was a foregone conclusion as France was in the quarter finals

It's crucial they get James fit. If he's fit and confident he's world class.

• Like 3

Â