What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 06/09/2020 at 07:50, il_serpente said:

Just curious, is this a recent phenomenon in the UK and the continent?

Belgians have been making Kriekbier for centuries (Morrello Cherry Beer)

And apparently the use of Cherries and Raspberries (Frambozenbier) predates the use of hops to make beer

But I guess you're talking about those fruity Pale Ales? I always thought they were a Californian thng tbh

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Belgians have been making Kriekbier for centuries (Morrello Cherry Beer)

And apparently the use of Cherries and Raspberries (Frambozenbier) predates the use of hops to make beer

But I guess you're talking about those fruity Pale Ales? I always thought they were a Californian thng tbh

Yeah, I'm familiar with the various Lindeman's fruited lambic ales.  Adding a single fruit to pale ales and wheats has also been around in the US since the earlier days of the craft brewing explosion over here.   I've poste on here before about stumbling upon a brew pub in a tiny town in Oregon years ago that had a wonderful blackberry porter made only in season with fresh blackberries.  I was referring more to the ones claiming to taste like non-fruit desserts like s'mores and the like.

• Like 1

I don't recognise any of those, and I can hardly make them out, anything worth trying to procure, @fightoffyour?

I opened the evening with this.

167298212_WhatsAppImage2020-09-27at15_53_33.thumb.jpeg.59042a243379941f8bdca328c7f64fff.jpeg 

Very smooth for 9%, quite subtle on the flavours and mostly tastes like a traditional stout with a peanut finish. I'm glad I picked up a couple. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't recognise any of those, and I can hardly make them out, anything worth trying to procure, @fightoffyour?

They're living up to their name of Mad (or Mead) Scientist with some interesting flavours, though nothing was too special apart from 'Your Weekend Lover', which is a Braggot. And not in this picture, but 'Tropical Space Muffin' last night was very special, a triple pastry sour that's naturally coloured bluey green with spirulina algae.

beer-3957119_c7690_hd.jpeg

0ab85bdf616e05608eae979677e2860e_640x640

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Page 3?

sclpid.gif

I've been off the beers for a little while. May start up again soon as I have a lot of porters/stouts in my collection to try and I always associate those with winter 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been off the beers for a little while. May start up again soon as I have a lot of porters/stouts in my collection to try and I always associate those with winter 

I’m also well stocked on the dark beers, some of them specifically Christmassy flavoured that I’ve been holding out until December for. Will need help with the 500/750 mL bottles though, too much for a couple even!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I’m also well stocked on the dark beers, some of them specifically Christmassy flavoured that I’ve been holding out until December for. Will need help with the 500/750 mL bottles though, too much for a couple even!

That banana one we had was 500ml right? and we couldn't finish it 

Â