What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Alive and well

F6-BA7132-C020-4057-8107-81-E3-E279150-F

this one is on @Davkaus’s recommendation. Nice it is too. Hell of a lot of barrel.

I envy you, my friend, I've not been able to get my hands on a bottle of that for a while. I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

It's probably not my favourite stout, but I like it, and it's certainly distinctive I've never had anything quite like it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I envy you, my friend, I've not been able to get my hands on a bottle of that for a while. I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

It's probably not my favourite stout, but I like it, and it's certainly distinctive I've never had anything quite like it. 

I prefer my stouts sweet these days, as it seems to be the polish style, but this is an incredible BA. The most barrel I’ve ever tasted probably, it’s bordering on a barley wine for me.

I bought it online from Thornbridge a few months ago, I must’ve checked just when they’d released a new batch cause for a few months after you’d mentioned it I couldn’t find it. If you get desperate my favourite bar in krakow still has one for 60zl that I can hold on to you and get to you eventually somehow. You’d probably have to be really desperate though!

Edited by fightoffyour

On 28/08/2020 at 16:50, Follyfoot said:

Should take the edge off the week rather quickly whilst ruining the rest of the weekend 

amrut-cask-strength-new-pack-small.png

flippin eck, treat with respect and extreme caution, gets in your bones

• Like 1

We've just had a bottle of Tesco Champagne - 

snapshotimagehandler_1117619645.jpeg?h=5

- it was really good! 

Got Shepherds Pie for dinner and we've got a nice bottle of red to wash it down with:

spacer.png

I've got some Brewdog Punk IPA for afters.

I probably shouldn't drink quite so much with my MS. I apologise now if I send out any daft posts later.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

flippin eck, treat with respect and extreme caution, gets in your bones

My eyes aren't what they used to be, I notice its cask strength,  is that 61.8%, if is then....... BRAVVVOOOOOOO!!

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

My eyes aren't what they used to be, I notice its cask strength,  is that 61.8%, if is the....... BRAVVVOOOOOOO!!

It is mate but not overpowering (at least whilst you are drinking it) Afterwards different gravy

• Haha 1

Checked in my 1,000th different beer on Untappd since I joined in April last year. It was Magnapoli by Omipollo, a "nightcap snack apple pie strawberry cup imperial stout brewed with strawberries and lactose". 4/2/5. I didn't have much better left after last weekend's clearout, or rather nothing that I'm not keeping to share with more people.

omnipollo_magnapoli.png

p.s. I'm not in rehab, if I don't post for a few weeks it's because I have my wedding and a weekend break "honeymoon" coming up. I''m planning something special to line up on the kitchen counter next time though!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

Â