What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I've had a day off the beers today. Purchased a few ciders and they're chilling in the fridge next week. 

56 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hey av1

How you getting on with the Clynelish14?

It's stunning mate. I got a Glen Dronach with the same order and I'm really enjoying that aswell. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

It's stunning mate. I got a Glen Dronach with the same order and I'm really enjoying that aswell. 

The Clynelish popped up on prime for £35 so bought it and getting to know it better now, I think even at 45 its a bargain, absolutely outstanding whisky, its a struggle to switch to others as they seem so inferior now. Which Glen Dronach you get?

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Clynelish popped up on prime for £35 so bought it and getting to know it better now, I think even at 45 its a bargain, absolutely outstanding whisky, its a struggle to switch to others as they seem so inferior now. Which Glen Dronach you get?

It is a pretty stunning dram. Regarding the GD I just went with the 12 and I'm seriously impressed with it, actually rate it slightly higher than the Clynelish. 

I think my next purchase is definitely going to be the GD 15. 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

It is a pretty stunning dram. Regarding the GD I just went with the 12 and I'm seriously impressed with it, actually rate it slightly higher than the Clynelish. 

I think my next purchase is definitely going to be the GD 15. 

Do it, wait for special offers though

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Not so much, jalapeño pilsner perhaps the strangest, which was well a spicy lager as described. 

I used to brew a jalapeño brown ale with jalapeños from my garden.   A great combination.   It was inspired by a jalapeño pale ale that a bunch of friends tried at a brew pub in the early 90's on Colorado as part of a sampler and expected to hate but all loved.  The key is to get just a slight bit of heat while still getting the flavor of the pepper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Another superb effort from Siren

Sour/10.

WB multiple times

494245011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=2712e

I'm off the booze for a while, but this is one of my favourite easily available sours. £3 a can in Morrisons which is a bargain.

They also have a raspberry sour by Brewdog. Best beer range in the supermarkets by a mile, IMO.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 18:06, Davkaus said:

I'm off the booze for a while

**** it, it's my birthday at the weekend.

1276126581_WhatsAppImage2020-06-04at14_05_23.thumb.jpeg.814095207ee8b44e67a342be976b4e9d.jpeg

I will admit, even by my standards, I've got carried away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

**** it, it's my birthday at the weekend.

I will admit, even by my standards, I've got carried away.

I've got a can of that 'Siege of Khartoum' in my to drink stash. I'm unsure on the flavour - peanut butter (good) and banana (bad)

14 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Got to admire that willpower - two days! 😂

Looks an excellent selection. Enjoy!

Haha, to be fair, I've not had a drink in about a couple of weeks, and the dry spell will resume post birthday celebrations.

I'd got in to the habit of having a beer or two with dinner, and over the course of lockdown it crept or to 4/5, which is a bad idea, but especially so when they're as strong as the stuff I like! 

• Like 1

Â