Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Should really be in documentaries, but given the recent discussion in here. A decent doc on the Israeli war crimes in 2014. https://killinggaza.com

A friend of mine lived in Israel and the West Bank for several years and filmed 2 documentaries.

The first one is called "Welcome to Hebron" and follows the life of a teenage Palestinian girl over 3 years.

The second one is called "Israel vs Israel" and is about the Israeli peace movement. Yes there actually is one :o

Both are very much worth the watch.

• Like 2

On 15/05/2018 at 11:37, snowychap said:

There are two problems here. One is an implicit suggestion that some people did feel good and the other is a failure to say that anyone feels bad about what went on yesterday.

There's just a lot of justifying it away.

Well, I guess some feel good. We are a nation of 8 million people. Some feel good. Just as some Brits were Nazis. Not all. Not most of them. Just some. 
I will try to find the interview of one of Hammas executives who claimed that 50 of the casualties were Hammas operatives, hence not "innocent bystanders who were murdered by Israelis". Well, as long as we can both agree that Hammas is an armed force, fighting Israel.

14 minutes ago, Glarmorgan said:

Well, as long as we can both agree that Hammas is an armed force, fighting Israel.

A democratically elected party (according to UN electoral inspections) fighting Israel.

In your example above, if the "some Brits who were Nazi's" are the more vehement arm of Israeli society, Hammas are the French resistance.

• Like 1

I like the game of video clips. I am sorry for sharing links. I can't figure our how to embed it in my post.

1. Here is one with a Hammas executive stating that out of the 62 casualties, 50 were Hammas operatives (hence, soldiers, armed forces. you name it). Unless you claim Hammas is not a military organization.

Hamas Political Bureau Member Salah Al-Bardawil: 50 of the Martyrs Killed in Gaza were from Hamas, 12 Regular People

2. Here is another one, with a Hammas executive quashing your redicuilous claims of "peaceful protests". Unless, of course, you know better and he's lying. for some reason.

Senior Hamas Official Mahmoud Al-Zahhar on Gaza Protests: This Is Not Peaceful Resistance, It Is Supported by Our Weapons

3. One more? No problem. The chairman of Hammas's Political Bureau states the idiology behing the "peaceful" protests. I am sure that  fine Englishmen such as you will be able to spot the lines aimed not at the Israelis, but at the Jews. Then they go on with never recognizing Israel and so on. 

Amid Antisemitic and "Death to Israel" Chants, Hamas Political Bureau Chairman Ismail Haniyeh Vows: We Shall Never Recognize Israel - Scenes from Gaza "Return March"

Maybe you'll tell my they are misunderstood, these poor sods. You might even tell me we have to put things into context. Or perhaps - there are only letting out steam.

Instead of running with the flag of "We are the world", instead of lashing into me as you know... anything - go, do your homework. I don't bring you fancy TV shows, nor touching documentaries about the suffering of others. I bring you what they ACTUALLY say. Deal with that.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A democratically elected party (according to UN electoral inspections) fighting Israel.

In your example above, if the "some Brits who were Nazi's" are the more vehement arm of Israeli society, Hammas are the French resistance.

So your claim is that Gaza is currently under Israeli occupation? I think you should do some homework before bringing up ridiculous claims such as that.

Israel withdrew all its forces, armed and civilian from Gaza strip. No Israeli is there. They are free to live their lives under their own elected government (I suggest checking how did Hammas took control over Gaza). The only thing Israel is prohibiting is the entrance of people from Gaza into Israel. They can leave anytime they want via their border with Egypt. Israel has not power there.

So - what are your claims? What more do you think Israel should do? Come on, check your facts.

Just one more pic. You know. To give you a taste of what is going on here. You know, kids and their strange hobbies.

I took the liberty to blur part of the picture. I am sure you'll have no problem locating the original nor understanding what's under the blur.

Donkey.jpg

9 minutes ago, Glarmorgan said:

So your claim is that Gaza is currently under Israeli occupation? I think you should do some homework before bringing up ridiculous claims such as that.

Israel withdrew all its forces, armed and civilian from Gaza strip. No Israeli is there. They are free to live their lives under their own elected government (I suggest checking how did Hammas took control over Gaza). The only thing Israel is prohibiting is the entrance of people from Gaza into Israel. They can leave anytime they want via their border with Egypt. Israel has not power there.

So - what are your claims? What more do you think Israel should do? Come on, check your facts.

Is that really all Israel is preventing?

Palestinian fishermen say hi for starters, well an amuse bouche really

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glarmorgan said:

Just one more pic. You know. To give you a taste of what is going on here. You know, kids and their strange hobbies.

I took the liberty to blur part of the picture. I am sure you'll have no problem locating the original nor understanding what's under the blur.

Donkey.jpg

You'd really have to wonder for about half a second why they'd feel like that wouldn't you

1 hour ago, Glarmorgan said:

Maybe you'll tell my they are misunderstood

I don't understand Arabic (I'm guessing that's what language the interviews were conducted in) so have to rely on the translation of thia 'Memri TV' lot. I know nothing of them so I had a look at the Wiki page on them (you were fine with Wiki as a source earlier) and it says this in the opening:

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is a nonprofit press monitoring and analysis organization with headquarters in Washington, D.C. MEMRI publishes and distributes free English language translations of Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Pashto, and Turkish media reports.[2]

MEMRI states that its goal is to "bridge the language gap between the Middle East and the West." It has been praised as an "invaluable" resource[3] and for helping to "shine a spotlight on hate speech wherever it appears".[4] Critics charge that despite portraying itself as neutral,[5] it aims to portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light through the production and dissemination of incomplete translations and by selectively translating views of extremists while deemphasizing or ignoring mainstream opinions.

1 hour ago, Glarmorgan said:

I bring you what they ACTUALLY say.

Maybe, maybe not.

Edited by snowychap

'Leaving Rooms; A Tale In Two Acts'

Act 1:

Nikki Haley - rocking that dress, by the way, much respect - leaving the room rather than listen to a Palestinian. 

Act 2:

Boris Johnson there, bravely scurrying out of the Commons chamber so he wouldn't have to answer Emily Thornberry's question about Gaza. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Leaving Rooms; A Tale In Two Acts'

Act 1:

Nikki Haley - rocking that dress, by the way, much respect - leaving the room rather than listen to a Palestinian. 

Act 2:

Boris Johnson there, bravely scurrying out of the Commons chamber so he wouldn't have to answer Emily Thornberry's question about Gaza. 

Typical communist propaganda, next you'll be posting weather "forecasts" from RT!

4 hours ago, Glarmorgan said:

Just one question - does this say why Israel invaded Gaza?

Gardening I believe according to those brave IDF freedom fighters.

Perhaps you should watch it. Your reaction to the story told therein will be quite revealing and some introspection is warranted.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

It's quite astonishing how quickly this story has disappeared from the BBC website. Not just from the news front page, it's not even mentioned amongst the stories on their Middle East news front page, where it's been replaced by the death in Israel of a man who founded the micro nation hippy movement (me neither).

If you want an example of how news media works and is influenced not by content but by omission - you won't find a much better one than that.

• Like 2

Â