Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

When you look at some of these interviews, it doesn't really shine a good light on the average Pro-Palestinian protester in London.. Denial of the facts of Oct. 7, claiming that it's all a conspiracy etc. A lot of people seem to have an opinion of something they know very little about.. It's all starting to feel a bit Trumpy..

Obviously the channel could have been edited and they probably only selected the dumbest of the lot, but we're now 4 months on and there's still people in the areas of London where most Jews live proudly going around with placards with tropes on them, with swastikas, tagging stars of David on Jewish houses and properties etc. 

Edited by magnkarl

56 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

When you look at some of these interviews, it doesn't really shine a good light on the average Pro-Palestinian protester in London.. Denial of the facts of Oct. 7, claiming that it's all a conspiracy etc. A lot of people seem to have an opinion of something they know very little about.. It's all starting to feel a bit Trumpy..

Obviously the channel could have been edited and they probably only selected the dumbest of the lot, but we're now 4 months on and there's still people in the areas of London where most Jews live proudly going around with placards with tropes on them, with swastikas, tagging stars of David on Jewish houses and properties etc. 

I think both sides have their idiots and racists.

Plenty of footage of the same on both sides, including actual politicians. Plenty of ignorance in the U.S. which is funding the mass murder.

It’s fundamentally a small relatively poorly armed bunch of murderers, against an industrial military machine, with both sides determined to target and murder as many children and grandmothers as possible.

A futile attempt at genocide or ethnic cleansing by Hamas, a far more organised and capable attempt at genocide by the Israeli state.

Everything else is lower tier.

I’m sure the Israeli state aim of murdering families, eradicating health care, and eradicating education will get them exactly the result they are hoping for. A feeble violent neighbour in the clutches of evil regimes, so the international funding of the land theft can continue.

• Like 4

Netanyahu has now said the quiet part out loud - there will never be a two state solution - and then put two fingers up to the US. What will the west do now? Gonna be hard for politicians to say they believe in a two state solution without appearing impotent. Only the other day Labour committed to recognising Palestine only when Israel do.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Netanyahu has now said the quiet part out loud - there will never be a two state solution - and then put two fingers up to the US. What will the west do now? Gonna be hard for politicians to say they believe in a two state solution without appearing impotent. Only the other day Labour committed to recognising Palestine only when Israel do.

Tbf it was dead a long time ago. I'm not even sure a palestinian state that was made up of Gaza and the West bank is even a viable state. Is there a solution to make all the palestinians citizens of Israel with the same rights as a jewish israeli? The Israeli's probably wouldn't want that because they're concerned about how introducing a bunch of non-jewish voters who you would assume vote for palestinian parties and the palestinians would see it as a second rate solution to their own state?

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Tbf it was dead a long time ago. I'm not even sure a palestinian state that was made up of Gaza and the West bank is even a viable state. Is there a solution to make all the palestinians citizens of Israel with the same rights as a jewish israeli? The Israeli's probably wouldn't want that because they're concerned about how introducing a bunch of non-jewish voters who you would assume vote for palestinian parties and the palestinians would see it as a second rate solution to their own state?

Yeah I agree, it's probably impossible for a very long time from now. They've all been using the 2 state thing as a holding position, there was a stalemate over it, but now the gauntlet has been thrown down and Netanyahu is making western leaders look flaccid. The US have reaffirmed their position, 2 states, but that can't go on forever because Gaza is nearly entirely flat and then what? I don't know - but Netanyahu is making Israel even further isolated. 

Great bunch of lads.

Israel says it is exhuming bodies in Gaza to determine if they’re hostages

Israeli forces severely damaged a cemetery in Khan Younis in southern Gaza earlier this week, exhuming and removing bodies in what the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) told CNN was part of a search for the remains of hostages seized by Hamas during the October 7 terror attacks.

Footage of the burial ground showed the area bulldozed, with graves damaged and destroyed, and human remains left exposed, after the IDF conducted operations in the area.

In response to CNN’s request for comment on the damaging of graves, the IDF told CNN on Thursday that rescuing the hostages and finding and returning their bodies is one of their key missions in Gaza, which is why the bodies were removed.

“The hostage identification process, conducted at a secure and alternative location, ensures optimal professional conditions and respect for the deceased,” an IDF spokesperson told CNN, adding that bodies that are determined not be those of hostages are “returned with dignity and respect.”

According to international law, an intentional attack on a cemetery could amount to a war crime, except under very limited circumstances relating to that site becoming a military objective.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/18/middleeast/israel-exhuming-bodies-gaza-cemetery-intl/index.html

8 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Israel don't want a two state solution. Hamas don't want Israel to exist, full stop. I don't think there is a solution?

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Israel don't want a two state solution. Hamas don't want Israel to exist, full stop. I don't think there is a solution?

Well, there is a solution, one that Israel are carrying out as we sit here today - it's just not a very nice solution.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

There is - kick both sets of bastards out of the equation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

This is the answer, get some people in that will talk to each other. Wishful thinking right now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

I was staying at my uncles house a while back, and his solution was to drop a nuke or 10 and turn the whole area into glass. Then anyone who wants to live there can move in if they still want to.  

It's not a position I agree with.

It does seem difficult to see how mankind survives though. We seem determined to keep turning to slaughter each other, to keep a rictus grip on our little bit of a world that dies faster the tighter we grip.  It's really quite mad.

We are all knife fighting on an inflatable dinghy.

There only one way this is ending and that is Israel making the West Bank and Gaza part of Israel. It will take some time but that's how it's "ending". Give it 50 years or so and Palestinians will be like the Kurds. And once that's done (or before) Israel will look to expand their territory and buffer zones into the neighboring areas in Syria, Lebanon and maybe Jordan. If Egypt gets drawn into a big African conflict around the Nile dam then they'll probably move into Egypt as well.

That is unless the people of Israel bands together and votes for a government that isn't like the current one. Here's hoping.

Â