• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Kodjia (Jedinak 62)
    • Elmohamady (Tuanzebe 75)
    • Hogan (Adomah 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/18 at 18:45

Not that anyone deserves it, but gave MotM to Snoddy for his work on Albert's terrible miss early on. Had that gone in, we'd be in a different position.

In isolation, this game means nothing, but just like everyone I'm worrying about the playoffs. We need to improve drastically to go up. We need to improve to reach the playoffs. 

International break always breaks our rhythm. This time it didn't, unfortunately.

• Like 1

What a complete pile of utter crud. 

8 criticised Adomah and Snodgrass for being useless earlier in the season and they immediately from that point forwards made me eat my words by scoring or setting up a ton of goals. For the last few games they have looked every bit as useless as the players I criticised back then. 

Lansbury no more effective than Hourihane. 

Grealish still heads above the rest but looking ponderous on the ball, slowing play too much. 

So often our attacks slow and reverse and I am certain a lot of this is down to the players playing on the wrong side. 

Sick of seeing teams easily play it out from the back against us, even poor teams whilst we struggle to get out from the back without an aimless Hoof. 

Bruce finishes with all the strikers again. Does he never learn anything!? 

On that performance I now worry if Villa can still secure a playoff spot. Players look dead on their feet even after the international break. No pace, no movement, no ideas and consequently no cutting edge.

Time and time again particularly in the second half Villa went for the Hollywood ball out of defence instead of keeping possession and moving forward as a team. You cannot continually rely on individual brilliance to pull you out of a tight spot because more often than not it doesn’t happen.

I said some time ago that Bruce should be utilising the U23s more to get that youthful exuberance especially through the middle to revitalise the team. At the moment his reliance on experienced is back firing at the business end of the season and that was always a worry of mine for Villa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not quite as shit as last time, as I felt we did just enough to have gone to half time with a narrow lead, but still quite shit. 

The formation changing, shape abandoning and strikers overloading needs to stop. 

Well.

For a little while back then it had become fun to watch us again.

Now it most definitely is not.

Adkins has been at Hull a short time but has them playing (some) football and they therefore become another in a long line of teams that appear to have more clue how to do it without constantly resorting to hoofing it than we do.

Very poor, and a special mention for Lansbury who was anonymous, and Jedi who proved yet again it’s a waste of time playing a DM half the time.

First match I’ve missed for a long time due to family commitments, quite glad really as it sounded like a bit of a shitter. Does anyone have the footage of their penalty shout that people are saying was a given?. Real shame all our creative sparks that have been so good all season seem to be having such a bad run at the moment.

Woeful.

Our defence is looking good. Our problem today was our midfield. Jack and Snods brought their B game, while Albert brought his C game. I watched Lansbury, and I actually wonder if he is considered an outcast. Quite a few times I saw him unmarked in a good receiving position, but instead the pass goes to someone in a riskier, less productive position. With the way our midfield was playing, it was no surprise Grabban and Kodj got bugger all.

I am very surprised Hutton is our MOTM. That dive was disgusting, and he seemed intent to ensure we lost possession with every pass. He was diabolically bad. On that performance, he needs to be dropped like a hot bag full of herpes and anthrax.

We need to get back to what was proving to be successful before. Since Wolves, it has been like watching 2015/16 again.

Edited by AJ

Many changes needed. First and foremost in Brucies mindset. We have the best players and therefore should be capable of playing more expansive footy.  Our best games have been with Bjarnason as a holding midfielder. Brucies awful decisions have led to nearly every defeat this season. Whether it be no Adomah picked in early games,  442  against wolves.  532 when we dont have the players.   Over loading strikers im games. Sometimes  he seems clueless.  I say if we dont go up we should get a new tactically astute manager.

There seemed to be an outpouring of love for Lansbury before the game when the teams were announced. I really can’t understand why, he’s been hugely disappointing since arriving at Villa and offers very little. Him and Jedinak were anonymous all match. 

Promotion or no promotion, we desperately need a competent central midfielder who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck. 

• Like 1

Had Albert not missed from 6 yards out, then we might have run away with that one. We made other chances after that and should have scored. When we really needed to go up a gear though, start fo the second half, we went missing really badly. Play-offs only hope now.

And another thing!

Bruce's changes really did not help, should not have removed Jedi for Kodija, should have been a straight swap for Grabban or for Adomah, either keeping Grabban in the middle or out left. Taking the defensive midfielder out really screwed us shape-wise, Grealish was playing way too deep after that and we looked horrendous.

• Like 1

Â