Match Thread: Villa v Preston

limpid

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Hutton and Bjarnason are abysmal footballers.

Johnstone is massively over-rated.

Steve Bruce never was, isn't and never will be the man to take us forward.

I was in favour of signing Johnstone , but perhaps he is over rated 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is we did ok without grealish fir so long why have we suddenly fallen apart?

dreadful half of football

I don't think we did, we played similar to tonight and saturday but won some games with turgid performances.

Our good play and run coincided with Grealish coming into the team. Now he's out performances have returned to what they were. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

We have not come back from a losing position to win a game since reading last year.

god help us, best we damn hope for now is a point. Cardiff can go five points ahead of us now as it stands. Pathetic bottle job villa 

show some bloody fight 

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

I don't think we did, we played similar to tonight and saturday but won some games with turgid performances.

Our good play and run coincided with Grealish coming into the team. Now he's out performances have returned to what they were. 

It's true. He drags players all over the pitch which creates space for others. Without him we can't handle a team pressing. They all Need too many touches. 

As ive said in the other threads over the past week. No Grealish = No promotion. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

We've made their keeper work a fair bit whereas our has made another mistake.

That side is definitely inbalanced though, please make changes early.

Gonna be a bad week with Sheff Utd, Boro, Preston all making ground. Better hope Grealish and Albert arent too far away or we could struggle to even make the playoffs. Even when they are back, its going to be completely different trying to get back into their groove and get the team ticking again, it was all smooth in the winning streak, but after being out a few weeks and going back into a losing team is a different thing altogether.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes he hasn't managed to do anything yet I bet he has more touches of the ball than anyone. I admit he is shit but noway is the the worst player on the pitch right now. Anyone of them could be taken off and it would be justified. 

He would have even more if he actually showed the ball and stopped our wingers going backwards and Terry having to hoof it 

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Agreed. He was giving us style and purpose. Now we have neither.