Pre-match thread

KJT123

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm just hopeful we don't puncture a winning run by changing things up to suit a loan player. I'm not at all against seeing Tuanzebe at DM, although I think Bjarnason deserves a chance to continue - I would be against Chester being benched or a change of formation. I'm fairly sure we're not daft enough to do that.

I'm going to say Chester is the best center back in the championship, so it would be insane to bench Chester for Axel. Even if someone disagrees with my best statement, Chester is clearly one of the best in the league.

Our defense has been pretty great this season. Very little to complain about, so if Axel wants minutes, I think he has to get them in the DM spot, or a spot on defense if someone needs a rest. 

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm just hopeful we don't puncture a winning run by changing things up to suit a loan player. I'm not at all against seeing Tuanzebe at DM, although I think Bjarnason deserves a chance to continue - I would be against Chester being benched or a change of formation. I'm fairly sure we're not daft enough to do that.

Chester benched? :huh:

Surely Tuaz doesn't start. That would be both risky and damaging to a player who is finally pulling his weight. I'd be happy with a draw, but one where we weren't hanging on - hopefully we are the ones pushing at the end. That would be an excellent sign for us.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had such a strange dream. The pitch was ridiculous. Like a waste disposal site. It was all over the place. Players were having to climb mounds and things to get the ball and avoid falling in holes. 

I actually have a very similar recurring dream, in which I'm playing at Villa Park, and the pitch is exactly as you describe - it even has a few old sheds on it, that you have to manoeuvre round. Weird. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I actually have a very similar recurring dream, in which I'm playing at Villa Park, and the pitch is exactly as you describe - it even has a few old sheds on it, that you have to manoeuvre round. Weird. 

I think that's more a nightmare than a dream, but weird all the same.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

If you are serious then I think we may have seen the prophecy of promotion.  

Yes I have been watching that shit of a show Britannia.

• Like 1