Pre-match thread

KJT123

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No Green on the bench is disappointing, there's no need for both Whelan and Jedinak.

Reacted to this as well. Would've left Glenn out of the bench out of the two of them.

With Onomah and Tuanzebe that's like four DM options available.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No Green on the bench is disappointing, there's no need for both Whelan and Jedinak.

Wasn't he left out of the U23s match? Thought that was because he would feature tonight.

Again Onomah, Whelan and Jedinak all pretty much do the same thing.

Why on earth we couldnt have one of O'Hare, RHM or Green in to gain further experience and progression is beyond me. 

• Like 1

Couldn't really stray too far from the last 4 game's line-ups in fairness, Birkir hasn't warranted a switch but would like to have a look at Axel at some point in that CDM role, hopefully we'll be 3-0 up and out of site by then though lol.

Edit: On further inspection, although I'm happy with the starting 11, that squad highlights our need for a striker no?

Edited by Hoof hearted

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Again Onomah, Whelan and Jedinak all pretty much do the same thing.

Why on earth we couldnt have one of O'Hare, RHM or Green in to gain further experience and progression is beyond me. 

Yeah. This. 

Still. Plenty of options to close it down when we're 4-0 up. :ph34r:

Starting line-up is fine,

Bench is a bit weird with 3 DCM's a CB who can also fill in at DCM a LB, GK and a striker.

Let's hope for a lead at HT and then pack the middle I guess.

• Like 1

Most excited for a match I have been for a long time. Think it’s due to a mix of great form and a 12 day wait.

lets just hope we don’t go behind as that bench has nothing.

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Couldn't really stray too far from the last 4 game's line-ups in fairness, Birkir hasn't warranted a switch but would like to have a look at Axel at some point in that CDM role, hopefully we'll be 3-0 up and out of site by then though lol.

Edit: On further inspection, although I'm happy with the starting 11, that squad highlights our need for a striker no?

I think it highlights our need to give a little more thought to who we put on the bench. O'Hare should be there.