The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

8 hours ago, a-k said:

WHY WAS THIS NOT RE-TAKEN

Misleading angle. Watching the footage from another angle and he looked clear off the line before the ball was struck.

Moyes calls for VAR rules to be clarified after Fabianski was caught off  his line for penalty | Daily Mail Online

Edit: My bad, this was about encroachment. Having said that, WTF? He's almost level with Klich there. I hate how selective VAR is about what they check. Take 5 minutes figuring out if Fabianski was off his line, but nothing to see if there was any encroachment. They're both **** rules!

Edited by Keyblade

Nearly robbed again by VAR,  clear hand ball as the rules stand , the var official should have to explain why he called no hand ball , this inconsistency is destroying the game . Who's in charge  and what are they doing about it .

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Nearly robbed again by VAR,  clear hand ball as the rules stand , the var official should have to explain why he called no hand ball , this inconsistency is destroying the game . Who's in charge  and what are they doing about it .

There’s a brand new rule /interpretation of the rules now to do with “natural position” of the arm when it’s hit.

Its clearly built on sand like the others as who is to say what is natural? It’s back to subjective opinion. Loads of bollocks

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a brand new rule /interpretation of the rules now to do with “natural position” of the arm when it’s hit.

Its clearly built on sand like the others as who is to say what is natural? It’s back to subjective opinion. Loads of bollocks

https://images.app.goo.gl/DSjjmV1TKULmMbpV7

They should take this off their website then , it clearly shows which part of the arm is handball .

Their taking lessons off Boris and his covid confusion statements that say one thing and mean another , if, but when you can all sorts of statements that cause confusion and introduce interpretation into what should be a clear cut rule.   

law-12-handball.png

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/DSjjmV1TKULmMbpV7

They should take this off their website then , it clearly shows which part of the arm is handball .

Their taking lessons off Boris and his covid confusion statements that say one thing and mean another , if, but when you can all sorts of statements that cause confusion and introduce interpretation into what should be a clear cut rule.   

law-12-handball.png

Yes, it’s that part of the arm + it being in an “unnatural” position to be awarded a penalty. Wolves players were hit with the ball twice today in the handball area but no penalty as the arm was deemed to be in a natural position.

It’ll fall into a farce soon enough.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Misleading angle. Watching the footage from another angle and he looked clear off the line before the ball was struck.

Moyes calls for VAR rules to be clarified after Fabianski was caught off  his line for penalty | Daily Mail Online

Edit: My bad, this was about encroachment. Having said that, WTF? He's almost level with Klich there. I hate how selective VAR is about what they check. Take 5 minutes figuring out if Fabianski was off his line, but nothing to see if there was any encroachment. They're both **** rules!

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As a football fan i dont think it was a handball but the farcical rules should have given us a penalty

Right. I don't think that should be a handball, but by their standards it is, so a little consistency is appreciated.

However, it later emerged that the Video Assistant Referee said, ‘No penalty, green zone’ when deciding against awarding a penalty.

This refers to guidelines given to referees to decide which ar I ea of the body constitutes handball, which you can see below:

EpCmIxXXMAAZQ7S.jpeg?strip=all&w=960&qua

BT SPORT

It seems clear from the freeze frame of the Saiss incident that the ball struck the Wolves defender in the red zone.

Reacting to the decision on BT Sport, former Premier League referee Peter Walton describing the reasoning as ‘alarming’, although insisted it was the correct call not to award a penalty.

https://talksport.com/football/802966/confusion-wolves-romain-saiss-in-red-green-zone-aston-villa-penalty-handball/amp/

They don’t know their arse from their elbow!

Peter Walton agreeing as much and calling their reasoning “alarming” and also agreeing with them sums up the current state of officiating perfectly.

Its every single game we are involved in now that its the talking point, really getting sick of it.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Right. I don't think that should be a handball, but by their standards it is, so a little consistency is appreciated.

Yeå this is the issue. Whats a penalty or a foul. Nobody knows 🤔

7 hours ago, penguin said:

They don’t know their arse from their elbow!

Peter Walton agreeing as much and calling their reasoning “alarming” and also agreeing with them sums up the current state of officiating perfectly.

Its every single game we are involved in now that its the talking point, really getting sick of it.

If VAR was supposed to.ensure we talked about the football rather than the refereeing, it's really working great..  

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I hate it.

At first I disliked it, but now I utterly hate it.

We got a last minute penalty... I was thinking hmm let’s see.

Ok it stands.

AEG Scores, I was thinking hmm let’s see.

Goal stands. Oh that’s nice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We got a last minute penalty... I was thinking hmm let’s see.

Ok it stands.

AEG Scores, I was thinking hmm let’s see.

Goal stands. Oh that’s nice. 

I jumped up and celebrated because it was a clear and obvious penalty.

I was then shitting myself because it's the last minute penalty.

I then celebrated like crazy because it was obvious everything was fine.

Altogether, a great emotional rollercoaster, exactly the reason why I love football.

I get what you are saying, but the "happiness" of football is still there, unless you decide to forget it altogether, but that is your personal choice.

Â