The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The genie is out the bottle and the game has been ruined. it's garbage.

I go back to Brighton at home last year. In attendance I was. It was an absolute farce.

Was it not Burnley? That was the one that changed it for me. I remember a goal going in, went crazy, goal overturned. We then scored minutes later and people around me kind of half celebrated. Could have been Brighton.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Was it not Burnley? That was the one that changed it for me. I remember a goal going in, went crazy, goal overturned. We then scored minutes later and people around me kind of half celebrated. Could have been Brighton.

It was both. We equalized through Conor and play was brought back for a minor infringement (there wasn't one) on the goalkeeper about 3 phases of play before. Cut to utter confusion and bemusement to everyone around me.

Then we scored a while later and muted celebrations of can we celebrate this one?

Then we scored in the last minute through Matt Targett and you think quick glance at the lino and let's go mental!!!!! But no, let's hope this one stands. A minute later everyone at the centre circle waiting to kick off.

Have we scored? Have we actually scored??? Don't know mate.

IT IS GARBAGE. Stop trying to make it work. Get rid of it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It was both. We equalized through Conor and play was brought back for a minor infringement (there wasn't one) on the goalkeeper about 3 phases of play before. Cut to utter confusion and bemusement to everyone around me.

Then we scored a while later and muted celebrations of can we celebrate this one?

Then we scored in the last minute through Matt Targett and you think quick glance at the lino and let's go mental!!!!! But no, let's hope this one stands. A minute later everyone at the centre circle waiting to kick off.

Have we scored? Have we actually scored??? Don't know mate.

IT IS GARBAGE. Stop trying to make it work. Get rid of it.

Was the one against brighton the one where Wes' heel was half a centimetre offside in the build up? And later it showed that not only was it a ridiculous offside call, it was also two situations earlier and shouldn't count, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Was the one against brighton the one where Wes' heel was half a centimetre offside in the build up? And later it showed that not only was it a ridiculous offside call, it was also two situations earlier and shouldn't count, I think.

Burnley. Brighton was for a non existent foul on Ryan two phases before. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Burnley. Brighton was for a non existent foul on Ryan two phases before. 

Yeah, I think I remember that now. The offside heel has stuck in my memory. One of the most ridiculous offsides I ever witnessed. Couldn't really believe my eyes.

Again shows the incompetence of the refs even with the screen. Fred headbutts a PSG player, ref looks at the screen which shows a headbutt, and books him

Tech ain't the answer when the refs are so poor 

I'm happy with that being a yellow to be honest. The guy got up in Fred's face and he pushed him off. Hardly a headbutt. El Ghazi did something similar to Mings in that Leicester game I think it was.

Very weird that is considered taboo but you can straight up shove a player or lift them up off the ground by their shirt collar and a whole host of other aggressive behavior often without even getting booked.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm happy with that being a yellow to be honest. The guy got up in Fred's face and he pushed him off. Hardly a headbutt. El Ghazi did something similar to Mings in that Leicester game I think it was.

Very weird that is considered taboo but you can straight up shove a player or lift them up off the ground by their shirt collar and a whole host of other aggressive behavior often without even getting booked.

Can't agree with you on that one. People get up in peoples faces during a game all the time. In fact, for most corners. This is a straight red, plain and simple.

The thing that sticks in my craw is that Arsenal's Pepe did the same thing and got a straight red in the Europa Cup (I think) - but a yellow for this in the CL. Both are UEFA competitions. Is there one rule for ManUre and a different one for everyone else?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Can't agree with you on that one. People get up in peoples faces during a game all the time. In fact, for most corners. This is a straight red, plain and simple.

The thing that sticks in my craw is that Arsenal's Pepe did the same thing and got a straight red in the Europa Cup (I think) - but a yellow for this in the CL. Both are UEFA competitions. Is there one rule for ManUre and a different one for everyone else?

Pepe did it vs Leeds

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve never seen this not given as a red

The only defence I can muster for that is it looks more like the PSG player puts his head against Fred's and Fred pushes him off with his head. It's not REALLY a headbutt.

I'd still say that's a red card. But I can KIND OF see why it wasn't given. He's very lucky though.

(well not that lucky, he got sent off later. But still)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The only defence I can muster for that is it looks more like the PSG player puts his head against Fred's and Fred pushes him off with his head. It's not REALLY a headbutt.

I'd still say that's a red card. But I can KIND OF see why it wasn't given. He's very lucky though.

(well not that lucky, he got sent off later. But still)

Yep, it’s a real pussy “headbutt” but as a rule they tend to get punished with a red. You’d think if you’re gonna do it drop a proper Duncan Ferguson job on him as the punishment is pretty much the same (usually).

• Like 2

Â