Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

Any chance of finding this on a stream somewhere? I see AVTV are only offering the audio of the match...

I doubt it, you can hardly find a stream for league games at the best of times, streams for cup games are like needle in a haystack stuff.

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you throw in a bit of youth in there BOF?

Maybe RHM to continue his integration because Hogan managed to be injured again. Other than that, don't use the loanees and maybe protect Chester. The rest can have at it. 

• Like 2

I’d probably go for:

Steer

Bree    Terry    Elphick    De Laet

Doyle-Hayes  O’Hare  Lyden

Grealish    RHM    Green

*i don’t know much about our reserves but I’ve heard those above are pretty good.

Steer

Bree        Elphick           Terry            RDL

Bjarnason     Whelan    O'Hare       Green

RHM            Davis

Hope to see Bree, O'Hare, Steer at least get a start. Play Grealish in the 10.

I don't think we should take this game lightly, rest a few players sure. I mean we should keep the exact formation and instructions as against Bristol and see how good some of our fringe players are.

I really want Doyle Hayes to get a game, from what ive seen of him hes very capable, love him to break into the starting xi

I dont think we should be playing a direct dm in this game, give the ageing Whelan and Jedinak the day off.

Steer, Bree, Elphick, Terry, Taylor / DoyleHayes, Bjarnason, OHare / Green, Grealish, RHM

tempting to leave Grealish out but think hes just come back and needs games rather than a 2 week break. Lansbury and Suliman to get half hour too

5 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I may not be able to join the match thread later. The old chap has been in hospital and I am fetching him out at 3pm.

Silly old bugger says he is not really interested in the Villa any more (he is 90 next month). But he will still demand that I have Radio Brum on when I pick him up and turn it up for him. But he's not bothered, even though he reads the mail back page first and listens to every match and remembers the players of 70 plus years ago. But he's not really bothered 

Villa till I die . That's my Pops

Nice one mate :) I think that’s true of many Villa fans these days ‘not bothered anymore’ ... but you can’t stop caring!

I hope he’s all good and whatever caused the hospital visit is nothing serious.

18 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Would be nice to see James Bree given a run out here. Whenever I've seen him play he's looked good.

I'm sorry but he can't start because he doesn't have a double barrelled name.