VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

Just thought I'd put it out there that tomorrow is 12 months to the day that Chris Cornell died.

I don't often sign up for this sort of stuff as far as I'm concerned when you go back to the mud that is that.

Cornell deserves one big **** off RIP though 

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Just thought I'd put it out there that tomorrow is 12 months to the day that Chris Cornell died.

I don't often sign up for this sort of stuff as far as I'm concerned when you go back to the mud that is that.

Cornell deserves one big **** off RIP though 

Until I read his entry in this thread a year ago, I'd never heard of him. I'd forgotten about him again the day after. 

The only rock star whose death actually upset me was Lennon. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 13/05/2018 at 10:41, mottaloo said:

A bloke i work with is part of an old skool death metal band (don't ask, I don't know what that is either !) and his band have written a few "songs" about serial killers including Harold Shipman and Nilsen.

He told me that in the chorus of their Nilsen song contains the words :

"The drains were blocked with dead men's cocks..."

I don't think it's a love ballad somehow. 

What's their name? They have much a following in the scene? 

It's quite common for dm to base songs and albums around serial killers. Of course, it's difficult to garner any meaning from the lyrics when listening! 

Power electronics and dark industrial acts is where the real sick stuff can be found. Whitehouse had an album dedicated to Peter Kurtun, the 'vampire of dusseldorf', and Throbbing Gristle performed the infamous 'very friendly' which retells the story of Ian & Myra Hindley. 

9 hours ago, hogso said:

What's their name? They have much a following in the scene? 

It's quite common for dm to base songs and albums around serial killers. 

They're called Absolution and have just signed a record/album deal. There's stuff on YouTube about them. Not my cup of tea that's for sure ! I also work with the lead singer of another DM band called Rannoch who again are moderately successful. Funny thing is, both lads are vegetarians and whilst I realise biting bat's heads off was a bit of a stunt, it just seems ironic (to me) that they write and "sing" about death, gore and all that but to them "meat is murder' :D

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Glenn Snoddy, the inventor of the guitar Fuzz effect died on Monday. He was 96.

He's got a pine box, and he's gonna use it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

90% of posters have probably never heard of him, especially the older folk, but Totalbiscuit. Dead at 33 after years of fighting cancer :( 

I've spent literally hundreds of hours listening to that man talking, whether it was game reviews, or his commentary at pro-gaming tournaments, not to mention the dozens of games I've only ever invested time and money in because of his endorsement.

Just some guy who started talking about games on Youtube and made a living out of it, but he's been one of the biggest sources of entertainment for me for years. Gutted.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

90% of posters have probably never heard of him, especially the older folk, but Totalbiscuit. Dead at 34 after years of fighting cancer :( 

I've spent literally hundreds of hours listening to that man talking, whether it was game reviews, or his commentary at pro-gaming tournaments, not to mention the dozens of games I've only ever invested time and money in because of his endorsement.

Just some guy who started talking about games on Youtube and made a living out of it, but he's been one of the biggest sources of entertainment for me for years. Gutted.

Wasn't his biggest fan, but that's a shitty roll of the dice for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...