VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Anthony Bourdain, Chef, 61

I was just saying that he had the best job in the world. This one hurts. He was a real ambassador for America and represented the best of us to the world through his show. Huge loss, especially when this country is on the way down the toilet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was just saying that he had the best job in the world. This one hurts. He was a real ambassador for America and represented the best of us to the world through his show. Huge loss, especially when this country is on the way down the toilet.

Absolutely gutted. RIP Mr. Bourdain. Brilliant man, one of a kind.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Danny Kirwan, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, gone at 68

That's a shame. His work with F. Mac was pretty good - although his solo albums were utterly shite. 

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:08, rjw63 said:

Danny Kirwan, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, gone at 68

Some VT'ers might not know that the Fleetwood Mac of Today is far from the original line-up.; also play totally different stuff - not worse , just different. Danny Kirwan was in the line-up I saw in 196?? at a club called The Top Rank in Dale End and they played good old fashioned R & B; not the garbage that is known as 'R & B' today. The original members included Jeremy Spencer , I think , and can't remember if DK replaced him or was in addition to. All this was well before Peter Green went slightly odd and they brought in Christine Perfect (from Bearwood) Lindsay Buckingham and that rude - looking Stevie Nix ! Incidentally The Top Rank became The Hummingbird IIRC and was run by a relative of an ex-Villa centre half. It was closed down after suspicion of 'discrepancies' with Council monies.

Edited by veloman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, veloman said:

Some VT'ers might not know that the Fleetwood Mac of Today is far from the original line-up.; also play totally different stuff - not worse , just different. Danny Kirwan was in the line-up I saw in 196?? at a club called The Top Rank in Dale End and they played good old fashioned R & B; not the garbage that is known as 'R & B' today. The original members included Jeremy Spencer , I think , and can't remember if DK replaced him or was in addition to.

Initially, in addition to. Stuff like Oh Well and The Green Manalishi had the Green/Spencer/Kirwan three guitar frontline. Then, as you say, Green went awol, and Spencer wasn't far behind (he joined a religious cult). 

Image-1495503007.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, veloman said:

Incidentally The Top Rank became The Hummingbird IIRC and was run by a relative of an ex-Villa centre half. It was closed down after suspicion of 'fiddling' Council monies.

Lloyd Blake if i remember rightly. Noel Blake's old man, or uncle

'I was rubber walled up the Hummingbird' on a tee.

Variety of styles: Claret & Blue, under a picture of Kenneth Williams, Heavy Metal font(s) on black, Indie album cover... You get the concept.

You might shift a box of unicorns and rainbows further afield? Brighton? :)

Edited by Xann
  • Confused 1

On 10/06/2018 at 14:07, Xann said:

'I was rubber walled up the Hummingbird' on a tee.

Variety of styles: Claret & Blue, under a picture of Kenneth Williams, Heavy Metal font(s) on black, Indie album cover... You get the concept.

You might shift a box of unicorns and rainbows further afield? Brighton? :)

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:49, Xann said:

Jon Hiseman.

One of the best drummers ever and a hero of mine.

Gutted.

Oh that's awful news. What a fabulous player he was. I' had that LP on vinyl and my favourite track was 'Elegy' which I attempted to play … no chance ! Brilliant brush work. Replaced Ginger Baker in the legendary ' Graham Bond Organisation' ; that must have taken some doing - replacing Baker ! saw JH with his missus on sax at Lichfield Jazz and Blues Festival about 15 year ago. Thank s for info Xann - but very sad.

19 minutes ago, veloman said:

saw JH with his missus on sax at Lichfield Jazz and Blues Festival about 15 year ago. 

Barbara Thompson now has Parkinson's disease.  :(

• Sad 1