VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Winnie Mandela, 81 gone. 

Minutes silence being held for her at the local Goodyear tyre factory after all the business she gave them 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Minutes silence being held for her at the local Goodyear tyre factory after all the business she gave them 

Necklacing is a truly despicable way to kill someone. Anyone revering Winnie Mandela as a hero is a disgrace.

• Like 1

I think the response has been quite muted.

There is possibly an argument that you need to look at the context of where she grew up, under a brutally murderous racist regime.

That's not an apology. 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I'm going to hell for laughing out loud at that !

I've just seen a troll tweet from someone who posted a picture of Jade Goody when she had cancer with the Ray Wilkins #tag and 'RIP BUTCH' in the text. 

It's terrible, but I absolutely howled with laughter and it got even funnier when you read the responses. 

I'm a terrible human, I'll see you down there :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Eric Bristow dead at 60 from a heart attack

The land lady from my local pub left her husband and run off with Bristow a few years  back ... was the biggest thing that happened to our village since a cat got stuck up a tree 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The land lady from my local pub left her husband and run off with Bristow a few years  back ... was the biggest thing that happened to our village since a cat got stuck up a tree 

Not good form amongst the Surrey swingers? :D

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Eric Bristow dead at 60 from a heart attack

Looks like he got in some trouble on social media as an older man, but as someone who grew up in England in the 80's he is somewhat of a working class cultural icon.

A blue-collar bloke that made some money and fame playing sport - and he was very good at it too. RIP Eric.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d never heard of him, but one of my mates has told me Isao Takahata has died. He was a Japanese director so maybe one for VT’s resident film aficionados @Chindie and @Designer1.

Yeah it's a sad one that. Responsible for one of the greatest animated movies of all time in Grave of the Fireflies and a huge reason behind Studio Ghiblis success.

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d never heard of him, but one of my mates has told me Isao Takahata has died. He was a Japanese director so maybe one for VT’s resident film aficionados @Chindie and @Designer1.

One of the founders of Studio Ghibli, Japan's Disney. Suffice to say he was a pretty major figure in Japanese animation.

He directed Grave of the Fireflies, which is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Not as well known as Miyazaki, but his films were as important to Ghibli.

• Like 1

He also directed My Neighbours the Yamadas, which like Grave of the Fireflies was quite a departure from the norm for Ghibli - although for much different reasons. It was the first ever fully digital Ghibli film, done so to achieve the effect that you're watching the manga, rather than watching an anime, if that makes sense.