Niasse Banned for "Simulation"

Demitri_C

Everton's Oumar Niasse has appeal to simulation ban rejected by FA

Last Updated: 22/11/17 3:08pm

Oumar Niasse was handed an FA charge after Saturday's game

Everton forward Oumar Niasse will serve a two-game suspension for simulation after his appeal was rejected by the FA, according to Sky sources.

Niasse became the first Premier League player to be retrospectively charged with 'successful deception of a match official' following Saturday's 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

At last

Delighted they are taking action against blatant cheating. Hoping this will cut out all the divinga nd cheating that does on. Two game bans for me is a good starting point to punish players along with a fine 

• Like 1

Yep, should be a watershed moment.  Once it becomes too much of a gamble it will be drastically reduced.

My fear is for high profile games where the gamble may be deemed worth it.  Refs may not be as accustomed to looking out for it.

Great move however!

Rubbish decision. The defender made no effort whatsoever to play the ball. That's a foul anywhere else on the field. Yes, it is very soft but it's up to the defender to get himself into the correct position beforehand or stay out and allow his covering fullback to deal with the situation.

There was contact and he went down after said contact. Where in the rules is the statement that you should stay up when a defender charges across and makes contact with you?

8 minutes ago, villakram said:

Rubbish decision. The defender made no effort whatsoever to play the ball. That's a foul anywhere else on the field. Yes, it is very soft but it's up to the defender to get himself into the correct position beforehand or stay out and allow his covering fullback to deal with the situation.

There was contact and he went down after said contact. Where in the rules is the statement that you should stay up when a defender charges across and makes contact with you?

You do know that contact is allowed in football?

Anywhere else on the field and the attacker stays on his feet.

18 hours ago, Genie said:

You do know that contact is allowed in football?

Anywhere else on the field and the attacker stays on his feet.

Contact isn't allowed in football - it only is if you're winning the ball, which the defender isn't doing.

Not sure where I stand on this - Niasse is clearly looking for a penalty and isn't particularly impeded, but contact is made by the defender on him so a ban seems pretty harsh.

I agree with the sentiment here, but you see worse dives than that every week! Consistency is key here.

If they're banning the odd player here and there then it will make things worse if anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Contact isn't allowed in football - it only is if you're winning the ball, which the defender isn't doing.

Not sure where I stand on this - Niasse is clearly looking for a penalty and isn't particularly impeded, but contact is made by the defender on him so a ban seems pretty harsh.

This is just absolutely wrong. 

• Like 1

Â