January transfer window 2018

Jareth

This is what I found in the french press regarding Bahoken:

It must be said, Stéphane Bahoken 19th man this afternoon is a surprise. While a player had to pay the costs of the coach of Strasbourg, it is the old Nice who is forced to follow the match from the stands. Idriss Saadi and his goal against LOSC this Thursday had to weigh in

Can't see this happening unless we pay ££ to sign him.

Would they really let a player go on loan for 6 months when he only has that left on his contract anyway?

If we cannot get who we need that improves us then we should move on.

All these links to mediocore players is starting to sound like a Bahoken record.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJ said:

It sounds like you are talking salary cap?

Image result for can of worms images

Lol

But essentially FFP was introduced to try to keep clubs within their limits (well certain clubs) which is kind of a salary cap anyway.

What I'm suggesting is slightly different to a salary cap, a club can choose within its set budget to pay a player whatever he wants, but it ultimately means that other players coming in will have to either compromise or look to move to a different team that has more funds available in its budget still. Essentially it would spread the top talent more, rather than it all being at 2 or 3 clubs.

The way the current FFP works is just nonsense, those that want to get their mates or other companies they own to just pay massive sponsorship deals wouldnt be able to do that with a maximum sponsorship deal that I suggested. Man Utd even have training kit sponsors (DHL) whilst other clubs go through a period with no sponsor on their main shirt. 

Ideally almost every club in each league would have close to a similar budget and find it easier to compete for talent. 

Bottom line, they need to set the same standards for everyone. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what happens with mccormack. If he has gone in apologised and tried to start a fresh maube bruce might forgive until the summer?

He is scoring goals and for me despite him pissing me off with all his behaviour is more if a goal scoring threat than gabby

On 1/28/2018 at 06:00, Michael118 said:

Or Idrissa Gueye who is now arguably the Premier League's best defensive midfielder?

Or Ciaran Clark who was Newcastle's Player of the Season when they were promoted?

Or Carles Gil who has had 2 major operations since joining Deportivo, yet has still averaged more assists per game in La Liga than Christiano Ronaldo since he joined?

Or Ashley Westwood, who despite not yet establishing himself in their starting XI, has impressed at Burnley, who are currently 8th in the Premier League?

Or Adama Traore, who finally has a decent manager, has started scoring and assisting and has been named man of the match for Middlesbrough in his last 3 games?

Some fantastic trolling here.  I especially enjoyed Idrissa Gueye being the Premier League best defensive midfielder and Ashley Westwood being so impressive at Burnley that he rarely ever plays.

Superb stuff, man :crylaugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2018 at 06:00, Michael118 said:

Do you mean Jordan Amavi who has become a French international since joining Marseille?

Or Idrissa Gueye who is now arguably the Premier League's best defensive midfielder?

Or Ciaran Clark who was Newcastle's Player of the Season when they were promoted?

Or Carles Gil who has had 2 major operations since joining Deportivo, yet has still averaged more assists per game in La Liga than Christiano Ronaldo since he joined?

Or Ashley Westwood, who despite not yet establishing himself in their starting XI, has impressed at Burnley, who are currently 8th in the Premier League?

Or Adama Traore, who finally has a decent manager, has started scoring and assisting and has been named man of the match for Middlesbrough in his last 3 games?

Or Alan Hutton, who I never claimed was a world beater, but has now established himself in our starting XI as one of our better players?

are you "Woodtom" Incognito?:)

27 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just been told Elphick is signing for Reading on loan today? Anyone heard/ read this

On Tommy Elphick's loan move...

It looks as though he's going to go to Reading.

That looks as though it's edging closer and hopefully it's done by lunchtime so that he can play tomorrow.

I thought it was right by Tommy, because he's a good pro and a good lad. 

It's not gone as well as he'd have liked here.I can't give him what he wants here, which is regular football.

With the emergence of Suliman and Tuanzebe now coming in, it gives me the ideal opportunity to go and let him play.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/29/press-conference-hot-topics-sheffield-united-away

From Bruce's press conference today