January transfer window 2018

Jareth

15 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I don't rate Mitrovic either, but the comparison with Kozak, for me, is askew. Kozak was a level above in terms of potential at least. A smarter player, had more heart, a stronger work ethic and was better at bringing others into a game.

Remind us again how Kozak’s Career is going? Mitrovic whilst being crap is a lot better than Kozak ever was 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought it meant we have only debts and losses? 

Owners money doesn't count. 

Owners can't own football players, only the club they own can. 

Are you trolling again?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

How come we seem to be the only team in the UK playing by the FPP regulations? 

Because we are the only team in the UK who have spent huge sums of money compared to our income in the last 2 years and are still paying some players top half premier league wages whilst only in The Championship? 

I suspect Sunderland are operating within FFP guidelines also. 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Owners can't own football players, only the club they own can. 

Are you trolling again?

Firstly I though the owner can only pump in so much money due to FFP? The rest has to be money the club generates? So if we can't afford to spend  £500,000 does that not mean the owner has spent all he is allowed to and the club can't generate enough to spend anymore money?  Sorry if I misunderstood FFP. 

Secondly why on earth should what I said be trolling and when have I trolled previously? 

You're the one that asked for a wager then went quiet.

I'm actually offended. Does anyone else think I'm a troll :(

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Firstly I though the owner can only pump in so much money due to FFP? The rest has to be money the club generates? So if we can't afford to spend  £500,000 does that not mean the owner has spent all he is allowed to and the club can't generate enough to spend anymore money?  Sorry if I misunderstood FFP. 

Secondly why on earth should what I said be trolling and when have I trolled previously? 

So Tony can have money and not be able to spend it, which is what the post you were quoting referred to. 

I didn't see your response to the wager question, I have had a busy couple of days. 

If you're offended by that then whatever you do don't open a newspaper! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Remind us again how Kozak’s Career is going? Mitrovic whilst being crap is a lot better than Kozak ever was 

If Kozak gets awarded the penalty he should have received in his last full game for us against Leicester, where he was man of the match - his average Premier League goals per game for us goes up to 0.43, which goes alongside his average of 0.61 goals per game in Europe.

A more than decent scoring record especially considering the lack of opportunities he was given and injuries he sustained.

Our record from 2013-2016 with Kozak featurung for more than 45 mins...

4W (33%), 4D (33%), 4L (33%)

Our record during the same period with Kozak featuring for less than 45 mins or not featuring at all...

19W (19%) 20D (20%) 63L (62%)

Edited by Michael118

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So Tony can have money and not be able to spend it, which is what the post you were quoting referred to. 

I didn't see your response to the wager question, I have had a busy couple of days. 

If you're offended by that then whatever you do don't open a newspaper! 

My original post was it's a sad state of affairs the club can't even whip up 500k. Someone replied we have the money it's FFP that doesn't allow us to spend it. My response was the owners money doesn't count (as obviously he has spent all he is allowed to. Didn't think I had to mention the obvious).

So that means the club are unable to generate 500k to spend on a player. 

As for being offended. I'm not really. I just find it amusing how quickly people use the word 'trolling' when they disagree with a poster. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My original post was it's a sad state of affairs the club can't even whip up 500k. Someone replied we have the money it's FFP that doesn't allow us to spend it. My response was the owners money doesn't count (as obviously he has spent all he is allowed to. Didn't think I had to mention the obvious).

So that means the club are unable to generate 500k to spend on a player. 

As for being offended. I'm not really. I just find it amusing how quickly people use the word 'trolling' when they disagree with a poster. 

This ffp rule is a load of bollocks and just stops clubs challenging the so called big boys - surely it must be restraint of trade ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

How come? Does he have ties here? 

No ties, but he may have left behind a couple of T shirts and a pair of trousers. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Because we are the only team in the UK who have spent huge sums of money compared to our income in the last 2 years and are still paying some players top half premier league wages whilst only in The Championship? 

I suspect Sunderland are operating within FFP guidelines also. 

I look at teams in the Premier League like Citeh and surely they are spending more than they earn? 

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

If Kozak gets awarded the penalty he should have received in his last full game for us against Leicester, where he was man of the match - his average Premier League goals per game for us goes up to 0.43, which goes alongside his average of 0.61 goals per game in Europe.

A more than decent scoring record especially considering the lack of opportunities he was given and injuries he sustained.

Our record during the same period with Kozak featuring for less than 45 mins or not featuring at all...

I didn't dislike Kozak, I felt sorry for him with all the injuries he suffered but apart from his one UEFA cup run with Lazio he has a terrible scoring record. 

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

I look at teams in the Premier League like Citeh and surely they are spending more than they earn? 

They get utterly ridiculous sponsorship deals that are essentially bankrolled by 'friends of their directors' or by the arab countries that bank roll them in the first place, they find all kinds of creative ways to funnel millions back into their 'club earnings' it is disgusting and corrupt, just as manure were allowed to be bought on a mountain of debt. FFP has just done partially the opposite of what it was intended for, as it just means the rich clubs stay rich, get richer and remain completely unchallenged. Flukes like Leiceister winning will become impossible in 10 years.

Xia needs to use his Chinese connections to get some daft sponsorship deals. 

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

I bet their kit deal is worth more than our total income. 

There riches at the top of the PL and Champions League are otherworldly. 

Not to mention kit sales in Asia and Middle East running into the millions. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I see the fact that correlation does not equal causation still eludes you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

What if he didn't take the penalty? :D