Saudi Arabia

maqroll

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

BBC

These banners are not going to be allowed to be a ‘thing’, are they.

They’re gonna upset the Saudi’s, they’re gonna upset the league, they’re gonna upset Sky.

I’ve got £1 on the league taking swift action to stamp out racism in football when that racism is against someone that put some big money in to sports washing their human rights record.

The  FA website has all the clubs and their policy on banners .. palace for example say 

Palace say: “Flags are permitted although we are limited on where they can be displayed in terms of space available especially in the home sections.  Supporters wanting to bring a flag or banner should contact Sarah Lemon, at least 7 days before the game, by email to sarah.lemon@cpfc.co.uk, there will then be a period of consultation before a decision is given.  All large flags and banners must be accompanied by a British Standards zero spread of flames fire certificate.”

lot of clubs seems to have similar approval rules , though i’d imagine the clubs will somehow be using this fire certificate rule a lot in the coming weeks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

BBC

These banners are not going to be allowed to be a ‘thing’, are they.

They’re gonna upset the Saudi’s, they’re gonna upset the league, they’re gonna upset Sky.

I’ve got £1 on the league taking swift action to stamp out racism in football when that racism is against someone that put some big money in to sports washing their human rights record.

Even thinking the Met would understand racism let alone judge what is and isn't racist is rather a stretch for my mind these days.

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing racist about that banner. I hope plenty similar banners will appear in as many stadiums as possible, every week for as long as that murderous regime is involved in English football. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even thinking the Met would understand racism let alone judge what is and isn't racist is rather a stretch for my mind these days.

As we speak, they’ve probably got undercover police taking the names of dead babies and looking to infiltrate the Crystal Palace supporters’ clubs and knock out a few babies with the women folk.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Side note, who knew that scientist from Independence Day was a Palace fan                                                                                                                                                        ⬆️              

Spiner                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Side note, who knew that scientist from Independence Day was a Palace fan                                                                                                                                                        ⬆️              

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/Spiner.jpg  

"This is the vault. Or as some of us like to call it: The Freak Show.".

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The caricature of the Arab with the towel on his head

Don't forget last week geordies were told that depiction and stereotype was racist... 

That's all I've got, that's the straw to clutch at

Acknowledging that you’re not putting up an argument that it is racist…

I think that wearing the towels on heads thing was considered more cultural appropriation rather than racist. Fine lines, admittedly. 

Incidentally, Newcastle United seem to have rowed right back on that as it happens, they appear to be ambivalent on their fans playing Saudi dress up.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The  FA website has all the clubs and their policy on banners .. palace for example say 

lot of clubs seems to have similar approval rules , though i’d imagine the clubs will somehow be using this fire certificate rule a lot in the coming weeks 

I think the majority of clubs would be more than happy with these banners, the PL less so, of course.

Either way, the businesses have the right to deny these types of things, and even if I disagree with them doing so, it's their venue, and their rules. The police being involved is absolutely outrageous though. 

• 3 months later...

They have bought a couple E-sports brands called ESL and Faceit. 

I know nothing about E-sports and that world apparently they are well known brands.

Anyhow, they are also rumored to be close to a deal for Inter Milan which would be really sad. Although I guess it would mean less money for Newcastle.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Anyhow, they are also rumored to be close to a deal for Inter Milan which would be really sad. Although I guess it would mean less money for Newcastle.

Is the same entity allowed to own 2 clubs in the same Uefa umbrella?   I guess this will be fronted by a different person/fund, even though it all leads back to Saudi.

Just now, ender4 said:

Is the same entity allowed to own 2 clubs in the same Uefa umbrella?   I guess this will be fronted by a different person/fund, even though it all leads back to Saudi.

Yeah there's no issue with that anymore (that can't be solved with money). Red Bull does it. Watford & Udinese has the same owners. Sure there are more examples.

I think Udinese are owned by the dad, Watford by the one son and the Spanish club are owned by the other son

There was more fuss over RB but they played each other in the last couple of years, also Chelsea playing one of the Russian clubs caused some murmurs by UEFA but you're right same old UEFA money is the answer to every problem 

• 1 month later...
Â