VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sure. And I know a few young 'uns who take exactly that line. It's fine, we don't all have to like the same stuff. 

Indeed we don't - it's the notion that owning/hearing one album from one band "covers off" a huge range of stuff that I was picking up on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Indeed we don't - it's the notion that owning/hearing one album from one band "covers off" a huge range of stuff that I was picking up on.

Yeah, I was being a bit facetious, but essentially it's true - there are some genres that I have little interest in - but occasionally... VERY occasionally, I'll have the urge to hear something in that style. That usually satisfies me for a couple of years. It's why I have one Trojan hits album (and Bob Marley live), one Gil Scott Heron album, one Kraftwerk, a punk compilation, and so on. But about 70 CDs by Bob Dylan. I'm sure there are people out there who have a house full of reggae or trance or hip hop... and Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits. 

Edited by mjmooney

That's very true Mike. I guess we go where our tastes lead us, yet at the same time a fair chunk of the stuff I love now,  found through tangents, little ways in, little connections that take me nominally into genres I " covered off" and eliminated. 

Anyway, dead people....

17 hours ago, blandy said:

:o

That's like saying "I have one token Rolling Stones Album, so that's the 60's more than covered for me".

I HAVE only got one Stones album, I'm not a fan!

(It's "Their Satanic majesties Request", I like a bit of 60's psych)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I HAVE only got one Stones album, I'm not a fan!

(It's "Their Satanic majesties Request", I like a bit of 60's psych)

Aye, but you've one or two more Beach Boys albums...

59 minutes ago, blandy said:

Aye, but you've one or two more Beach Boys albums...

Ha yeah 60 or 70...got a lot of other 60's stuff too to be fair

Geoffrey Bayldon, who was Catweazle and has been in everything from Bond films to Steptoe and Son, gone at 93

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Geoffrey Bayldon, who was Catweazle and has been in everything from Bond films to Steptoe and Son, gone at 93

catweazle_041.jpg

Noooooooo :(

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've got a stack of that CD, there's about 150 of them on a spindle

You might find them useful as bird scarers, or coasters. 

• Like 1

Â