VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

Just now, choffer said:

That made me laugh much more than it should have.

has me curious now if it's origins came before or  after "the bus that couldn't slow down"

Sad news re Demme.

Remember watching Silence of the lambs in a packed cinema when it first came out.

the atmosphere was amazing, you could feel the tension especially during the scenes in night vision. 

Edited by theboyangel

On 4/26/2017 at 18:31, theboyangel said:

Sad news re Demme.

Remember watching Silence of the lambs in a packed cinema when it first came out.

the atmosphere was amazing, you could feel the tension especially during the scenes in night vision. 

The sequence when Lecter escapes was pretty riveting too!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

Climbing legend Ueli Steck has died on Everest.

Anyone who has stood in Grindelwald looking up at the north face of the Eiger, or has read Heinrich Harrer's The White Spider, will be aware of the awesome achievements of Steck.

Mountaineering is one of those sports where all too often the participants are tested to fatal failure and while feeling totally bemused by their recklessness, you can't help feeling in awe of their searing human spirit.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Robert Miles gone at 47 ?

**** brilliant track. More or less invented a genre. Unfortunately never developed much beyond that in terms of success.

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sad.  Could only name one of his tracks, but it was an absolute belter.

Is this the "Music was my first love" guy? My era, but didn't register with me beyond that rather overblown track. 

Children, overblown?  Ah now @mjmooney.  Even if I don't like or get a track I can recognise its influence on others (namely every single Bob Marley track, but I digress).  Children is one of the anthems, one of the signature tunes of the 90s.  As such it can't really be described as overblown.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is this the "Music was my first love" guy? My era, but didn't register with me beyond that rather overblown track. 

No, that's John Miles, much more my scene :)

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

Ah, sorry, my mistake. Never heard of him. 

EDIT: had a listen; sounds like Kraftwerk. I have my one token Kraftwerk album, so that genre is more than covered for me. 

Edited by mjmooney

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have my one token Kraftwerk album, so that genre is more than covered for me

:o

That's like saying "I have one token Rolling Stones Album, so that's the 60's more than covered for me".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

:o

That's like saying "I have one token Rolling Stones Album, so that's the 60's more than covered for me".

Sure. And I know a few young 'uns who take exactly that line. It's fine, we don't all have to like the same stuff. 

Â