Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I mean yea that is a positive way to look at it. I see online as an add on because I wanted red dead for the game. I still feel like I can complain about online because it's pretty close to being a really fun experience, but a few niggling things are effecting that. 

I understand that they are a few balance updates away from having a fair and fine tuned experience. I wasn't trying to counter your complaints really, just giving my point of view just in case it made the grind more "tolerable".

I agree 100% with your complaints though as anyone that wants the Mauser not only has to get to Level 41, but they also have to fork over $1000. Now that's a lot, but it's a pistol that can be dual wielded so make it $2000 instead because if you have one, you likely want two. That's going to be quite the grind even doing something as fun as hunting. Hell even hunting has its costs because to hunt efficiently you need the $360 Bolt Action, so add $360 onto the dual Mauser cost. It all adds up and I guess as the game stands you have to pick your battles and pick which things you want to work for. Getting everything is downright impossible as it stands and Rockstar may want to tweak that.

My only really issue right now that frustrates me is the Gold Bar issue. You get 0.03 of a Gold Bar for a 10 minute deathmatch? It costs 112 Gold Bars to unlock a fast travel post in your camp early. That's like 900 hours of in-game grind for 112 Gold Bars that will likely cost £30 when they roll out transactions. I understand they want people to play the content, but the Gold Bar thing may as well not be something we can earn in game as they dole out tiny amounts at time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Reached the epilogue.

I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point. Regardless it's bloody well done.

Imo, the epilogue is so well done. I was worried that I'd lose interest, but I am still playing and enjoying it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Imo, the epilogue is so well done. I was worried that I'd lose interest, but I am still playing and enjoying it. 

Preferred the epilogue to chapter 5, which was easily my least favourite part of the whole game (although still had it's moments).

18 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Preferred the epilogue to chapter 5, which was easily my least favourite part of the whole game (although still had it's moments).

Yea chapter 5 seemed forced in there. 

Spoiler

the island was so small, and there was no reason or real ability to free roam. I didn't like being forced to do the story for a couple of hours. 

• Like 1

Rockstar has announced that it's rolling out a new Red Dead Online Beta update from today, in a bid to create "a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions." This includes an increase to the cash and gold payments across various activities.

These activities include Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes, and more. Furthermore, the update also lowers the pricing of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue, and Gunsmiths, with the price difference to be restored to any players' who've previously spent money on weaponry. You'll find the cash in your balances later today, with an alert message upon logging in. Some refunds may take until Monday, 10th December to appear for eligible players.

The update also balances the values of certain pelts, skins and fish, as well as horse reviver tonics and pamphlets. Rockstar notes that further updates will be coming to the Red Dead Online Beta, with adjustments based on community feedback and fixes for persistent bugs in the pipeline.

Anyone logging in to Red Dead Online at any point through midnight PST today will also receive a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars, which should arrive by 14th December at the very latest. The Red Dead Online Beta is available to anyone with a copy of Red Dead Redemption II now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-31606-Red-Dead-Online-Cash-and-Gold-Payments-Increased--Weapons-Made-Cheaper.html

I'm still on Chapter 3.  I'm enjoying myself far too much just doing side quests and the like to do the main quest line too quickly.  I'm just scared of it being over too quickly, so am going round trying to get all the legendary animals potted.  And shooting all those hillbillies in the north of the map.

Finished the story a couple of nights ago. It has been brilliant. My only regret is rushing through the story a bit, meaning I’ve lost a few side quests. My interest in hunting and gathering is limited, so I’m spending my time exploring every square inch of the map, looking for bad dudes to shoot. 

On 09/12/2018 at 06:09, Michelsen said:

Finished the story a couple of nights ago. It has been brilliant. My only regret is rushing through the story a bit, meaning I’ve lost a few side quests. My interest in hunting and gathering is limited, so I’m spending my time exploring every square inch of the map, looking for bad dudes to shoot. 

Same. I finished the story fully this past weekend, and now there is not much else to do. I was hoping side quests would still appear. 

I did do side quests alongside the story, but I didn't know they'd disappear fully at the end. 

same with GTA for me, no interest in online, i'll pile 100 hours in to this watch a load of youtube videos and go find all the hidden fun stuff be happy that i've more than got my £50 worth out of it and trade it away in Feb when the next wave of games get released (that said in feb i might still be losing 3 hours a day just shooting animals)

I ended up trading it in after about 15 hours, just couldn't be bothered going back to it. If I had to sum it up in a word, it'd be tedious. Technically impressive, decent writing and the visuals and sounds are amazing. It's so goddamn boring though, and the gameplay mechanics are are just all a bit naff and dated, it'll be my last Rockstar game, I think, they're just not for me.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I ended up trading it in after about 15 hours, just couldn't be bothered going back to it. If I had to sum it up in a word, it'd be tedious. Technically impressive, decent writing and the visuals and sounds are amazing. It's so goddamn boring though, and the gameplay mechanics are are just all a bit naff and dated, it'll be my last Rockstar game, I think, they're just not for me.

I got to chapter 3 three weeks ago, haven't played since, it's an excellent game, but as you say, tedious, just not compelling to me.

Â