Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

18 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just starting out on this now, about 3 hours in so the snow has just cleared.

Its clearly very polished and I am just starting to get my eye in, the movement of the character seems a bit clunky and all the button presses for different actions is somewhat counter intuitive at times but looking forward to putting some hard hours in soon.

You soon get used to the controls.  I did anyway.  I think if you just rush through the main missions as quickly as possible, you'll still find them an issue towards the end, but take your time and they soon become no problem at all.

47 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Finished it yesterday. Character development throughout was like no game I've played before. A masterpiece.

Yep, THE best game ever made.

I've played games I liked more personally and I'm not sure it'll have the staying power that GTA V has had in terms of keeping an engaged audience (even 5 years after release) but it is without doubt, a masterpiece, from start to end.

I watched a pack of wolves hunting down a deer on there yesterday, hadn't even realised the animals kill eachother.

Not sure what to do now, story and epilogue finished......currently trying to unlock the entire map but every time you go so far out in a boat it immediately sinks and you die, like without warning so really hard to know where the boundaries lie......

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, THE best game ever made.

I've played games I liked more personally and I'm not sure it'll have the staying power that GTA V has had in terms of keeping an engaged audience (even 5 years after release) but it is without doubt, a masterpiece, from start to end.

I watched a pack of wolves hunting down a deer on there yesterday, hadn't even realised the animals kill eachother.

Not sure what to do now, story and epilogue finished......currently trying to unlock the entire map but every time you go so far out in a boat it immediately sinks and you die, like without warning so really hard to know where the boundaries lie......

Totally agree, the game is the best ever made and is a modern masterpiece.  Was just riding round yesterday,  and saw two stags locking horns.  The world they have created is just breathtaking.  I finished it a while ago, but am now exploring, and completing challenges etc.

• 2 weeks later...

How does it conpare to witcher 3?

I haven't played Red, but I only have a PC and probably rate witcher 3 as the best game I have ever played currently.

I have heard such good things about red for dead I was almost tempted to buy a ps4 rather than wait for it to cone out on PC?

Thoughts?

I think I’d put Witcher 3 just a nudge above this one, but it’s a fantastic game. 

Kind of running out of things to do, though. I’m not a completeist for the sake of my own sanity, so I’m basically just riding around looking for leftover strangers and random bad guys to shoot. 

• 4 weeks later...

What a game this is.

I struggled through the first couple of chapters and found Saint Denis frustrating initially as I kept running people over having to escape the law.

However, Saint Denis is a master piece and the moral development of Arthur is great. If I played it again I will do it in 1st person.

I've still not actually finished this. I decided to take a break from it, and coming back I've been working on the challenges and achievements. I'm in the epilogue, not sure how much is left but I'm happy to leave the story until the death.

Speaking of the challenges, I'm not sure if they intentionally set out to make them tedious but Christ... The gambling one sucks. It's ok to start with but then you get to stuff like win 3 rounds of dominoes without drawing a tile... It's complete luck. And I understand it gets more irritating.

Then you have weapon master throwing curve balls with stuff like 'kill 4 enemies with 1 stick of dynamite', which is a complete bastard.

I will get them done, but it's a complete grind.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I've still not actually finished this. I decided to take a break from it, and coming back I've been working on the challenges and achievements. I'm in the epilogue, not sure how much is left but I'm happy to leave the story until the death.

Speaking of the challenges, I'm not sure if they intentionally set out to make them tedious but Christ... The gambling one sucks. It's ok to start with but then you get to stuff like win 3 rounds of dominoes without drawing a tile... It's complete luck. And I understand it gets more irritating.

Then you have weapon master throwing curve balls with stuff like 'kill 4 enemies with 1 stick of dynamite', which is a complete bastard.

I will get them done, but it's a complete grind.

Yes, some of the challenges could be frustrating, but some ofn them were great.  They're obviously mostly designed to hone certain skills, but some of them I didn't bother with at all.  Like any of the fishing or gambling ones, which were activities I mostly totally ignored.  The weapons, shooting and hunting ones were all pretty good though.  The dynamite one is pretty easy if you know how.

Spoiler

Go to the fort towards the top of the map, and shoot one of the soldiers.  A load of them congregate behind a wall trying to shoot you, so lob your dynamite at them, job done.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Got this on Game Pass. I didn't enjoy RDR, but an hour in and it seems ok so far. Still getting used to the controls.

Starts off really good, then the story and gameplay seem to slow down. Don't give up on it, the end of the game is fantastic.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Starts off really good, then the story and gameplay seem to slow down. Don't give up on it, the end of the game is fantastic.

Cheers 😁 I'll do my best to stick with it. Hopefully it's one I can dip in and out of.

For the discerning Red Dead fan...

20200519_173241_056__63068.1589889944.jp

20200519_173241_046__41129.1589889944.jp

20200519_173241_040__03494.1589889944.jp

20200519_173241_041__76352.1589889944.jp

20200519_173241_064__15086.1589889945.jp

This is the second take on Arthur like this. The first one got nuked by Rockstar so will be like hens teeth when it comes out due to the short preorder window. Suspect this may be similar.

• Like 1

Â