Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

There's such a huge amount of ground to investigate once you're in epilogue phase. I do hope there's some interesting side-tasks to do there but so far I'm just enjoying riding the horse and doing a spot of fishing. 

Still haven't seen Gavin yet.

I haven't reached the end yet, but I think I am pretty close. I hope they do the end game better than they did with red dead 1. Having to take over as Jack as an adult was strange. From what I have been spoiled on, it seems to have a more complete story this time around. 

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

So...

Has anyone else been bummed by the redneck in the hut? 😮

Yep.

I also then immediately hunted him down and introduced him to a deer slug from my pump action shotgun (fnarr).

RDR Online is out this week, either today, tomorrow, Thursday or Friday depending on which version and when you purchased the game. Not that I'd suggest going near it in the first week, mind.

36 minutes ago, hogso said:

RDR Online is out this week, either today, tomorrow, Thursday or Friday depending on which version and when you purchased the game. Not that I'd suggest going near it in the first week, mind.

They are staggering the release to make sure that a GTA: Online type launch doesn't happen again.

Now maybe it will still be a shit show, but with a mode that will have persistent PVP? I'd personally advise enduring the potential shit launch so you're not trying to do the opening online missions with Level 40+ players trying to grief you. 

Of course I am assuming that RDR: Online is anything like GTA: Online, but why change what made them $6.5 billion in post-launch revenue y'know? I think it's going to benefit players to play RDR: Online as soon as they can.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

The one with his sister? I got out of there quick.

I'm curious to know how far particular that encounter goes though...

Different ones. They are the ones with 'momma' out back I think.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the legendary buck is a right bastard to find, wasted about 2 hours on it last night and still didnt get the notification pop up 

Spoiler

I think that was my first legendary animal kill, which came about by fortune while I was hunting for a perfect Cougar pelt.

I think you need to be out early in the morning before it gets busy with NPC traffic around that area, as it is quite a skittish animal. I used the special sight that you can use when unarmed to see the yellow glow of the first clue, and then went from there. It is easier to spot the clue when it is darker as the glow stands out more.

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The one with his sister? I got out of there quick.

I'm curious to know how far particular that encounter goes though...

Spoiler

They get you drunk/spike your drink and dump you in a ditch out back with their dead mum, taking all of your money in the process. You wake up short distance away so can go back and deal out some vengeance before searching their home to find your money.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

They are staggering the release to make sure that a GTA: Online type launch doesn't happen again.

Now maybe it will still be a shit show, but with a mode that will have persistent PVP? I'd personally advise enduring the potential shit launch so you're not trying to do the opening online missions with Level 40+ players trying to grief you. 

Of course I am assuming that RDR: Online is anything like GTA: Online, but why change what made them $6.5 billion in post-launch revenue y'know? I think it's going to benefit players to play RDR: Online as soon as they can.

Apparently they are using gta as their model for what to improve for red dead's online. They are aware of griefers and put a measure in place to stop that. I am waiting till I finish the game to jump online. Maybe next week or so. There will probably be loads of issues for a while. A lot of rockstar employees have said they have been overworked to push this online out before it should be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Where do I need to go to get bummed?

Can't believe I just wrote that.

Ct-P99vWAAEU8uI.jpg

Spoiler

Southeast of Lakay near the swamp and north of Saint Denis.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2018 at 20:43, V01 said:

Where do I need to go to get bummed?

Spoiler

B94RL, they pay you apparently. 

You need to look for “Plague Palace”,  ask the Carrot seller or the deformed owner of the Francis fishery for directions.

There is a derelict empty building there and a train line iirc. 

You will know when you are close as the closer you get to the derelict building the more your horse starts to gag, so get off the horse and rope it to a tree.

You will know where you are then.

Hope that helps.

Big spoilers on the end:

Spoiler

So not really the end, but I just finished Arthur's story. Really pissed me off I couldn't kill Micah. It also sucks I couldn't go out in a blaze of glory, but rather dying on the top of a mountain with Dutch betraying me. 

Online is a shit show. Not because of actual game play or other people, but the prices of things, and how slowly you make money. 

It takes about a month of grinding just to afford a gun. Most jobs will pay $10-$20, but if you want a gun or horse, you are shelling out over $1000. Having to do 100+ jobs just to afford one gun is insane. Plus there is a running cost to just play. Bullets, gear, and food cost money. There is also a daily fee which eats away at your cash. Plus if you try to just hunt or fish to make money, you are subject to being killed, and have your furs, and other items stolen. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Online is a shit show. Not because of actual game play or other people, but the prices of things, and how slowly you make money. 

It takes about a month of grinding just to afford a gun. Most jobs will pay $10-$20, but if you want a gun or horse, you are shelling out over $1000. Having to do 100+ jobs just to afford one gun is insane. Plus there is a running cost to just play. Bullets, gear, and food cost money. There is also a daily fee which eats away at your cash. Plus if you try to just hunt or fish to make money, you are subject to being killed, and have your furs, and other items stolen. 

It is what it is. 

Personally at this point I look at the mode like a free to play game. I mean yes you need Red Dead Redemption 2 to play this, but unless your reason to buy the game was this mode, then you didn't pay for this. Red Dead Online is a tacked on free online experience that merely compliments the 60 - 200 hour single player experience. When I play Red Dead Online through that lens, through that way of thinking it just becomes a rad new way of playing Red Dead Redemption. Did I buy Red Dead Redemption 2 for this mode? No, so as a result it's a complimentary free experience that can be as grindy and money gouging as it wants to be.

My mind and body will tell me when enough grind is enough and at that point I'll move on to something else. Right now though I'm personally enjoying that hunting and fishing now has a purpose other than crafting. $2.10 for a poor wolf carcass was nothing when I had $8200 in single player, but in the online economy it's a viable way to make money. Will I get tired of Red Dead Online? Probably yeah, as this is the bare bones experience with no micro transactions, or DLC added. I assume once they add some DLC then the grind will really start to present itself, but right now hunting my way to a better rifle, to then hunt even better selling prey is a pretty fun gameplay loop to be honest.  

I can imagine Red Dead Online is pretty frustrating if you play it like something you paid for, but I didn't pay for this mode, I paid for the single player masterpiece and this just happened to appear a couple days ago as something else to do.

21 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It is what it is. 

Personally at this point I look at the mode like a free to play game. I mean yes you need Red Dead Redemption 2 to play this, but unless your reason to buy the game was this mode, then you didn't pay for this. Red Dead Online is a tacked on free online experience that merely compliments the 60 - 200 hour single player experience. When I play Red Dead Online through that lens, through that way of thinking it just becomes a rad new way of playing Red Dead Redemption. Did I buy Red Dead Redemption 2 for this mode? No, so as a result it's a complimentary free experience that can be as grindy and money gouging as it wants to be.

My mind and body will tell me when enough grind is enough and at that point I'll move on to something else. Right now though I'm personally enjoying that hunting and fishing now has a purpose other than crafting. $2.10 for a poor wolf carcass was nothing when I had $8200 in single player, but in the online economy it's a viable way to make money. Will I get tired of Red Dead Online? Probably yeah, as this is the bare bones experience with no micro transactions, or DLC added. I assume once they add some DLC then the grind will really start to present itself, but right now hunting my way to a better rifle, to then hunt even better selling prey is a pretty fun gameplay loop to be honest.  

I can imagine Red Dead Online is pretty frustrating if you play it like something you paid for, but I didn't pay for this mode, I paid for the single player masterpiece and this just happened to appear a couple days ago as something else to do.

I mean yea that is a positive way to look at it. I see online as an add on because I wanted red dead for the game. I still feel like I can complain about online because it's pretty close to being a really fun experience, but a few niggling things are effecting that. 

• Like 1

Â