Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

There I was minding my own business riding towards the trapper to hand in the perfect bear pelt I earned from the grizzly trying to ambush me, suddenly I'm lying on my back as my horse bolts. Straight into deadeye as I hear that tell tale growl, put one straight between that cougars eyes and hightailed it back to camp. I now have all the satchels (and a pair of bearskin chaps), Time to start my legendary animal hunting tour.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have a bite im trying to reel in for no less than about 15-20 mins..

I spent about the same amount of time trying to catch my first ever tiddler before realising I was reeling the wrong way. I was thinking "Jeeese, the strength of this fish. My first ever catch and it looks like it's going to be a whopper"

?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dubbs said:

If you've moved camps and not done everything available in a previous one, are those side missions and challenges still available? Just started chapter 3.

Moving camp makes any side quest and activity from the previous camp impossible to do. Some side quests from a previous chapter may remain if the quest giver is out in the open world, but if the quest starts from camp then it vanishes for good when the camp moves. 

Also to keep in mind that time only truly advances during main quests. So those activities to go fishing with Javier, or hunting with Charles will vanish if you do too many main quests while that activity is on the map. They will just go and do it by themselves. 

As for challenges I believe those are persistent throughout the game and can be done at any time, but I haven't focused on them so I'm not 100% sure. 

• Like 1

Seems that despite the massive hype that this isn't quite selling in GTA esque numbers.

Spyro top of the combined xbox/ps4/switch sales charts last week.

Outsold by spryo on PS4 & somehow Fallout 76 sold more copies on Xbox one.

Edited by LakotaDakota

I'm still playing and enjoying it. Of course there are some annoying things. I truly hate how easy it is to get a bounty. I ride my horse through St Dennis and accidentally hit someone and it's suddenly shoot to kill. Last night I was slowly riding through st Dennis at night, and turned a corner only for a carriage to be right there. I hit the carriage, and boom the law are on me. It's ridiculous. 

Anyway, I just started chapter 5. I am hoping to finish this game before red dead online comes at the end of this month. 

• Like 1

I love it.

It's just a good game.  I'm happy just trundling exploring mostly.  Then I'll think, I could do with a better satchel, and then I get distracted by something else. 

It's gorgeous, the lighting through the trees is great, it's so picturesque, you could do photography lessons in it. 

I've got to the 2 second camp now, and I'm lamping everything I loot or own into upgrading it.  Just need the chicken coop and horse garage to finally complete it.  

Not even been into Blackwater yet, but I've discovered most things.  Anyone see the signalling trees? :) Thought that was a nice touch - I dunno if they do anything! 

43 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I love it.

It's just a good game.  I'm happy just trundling exploring mostly.  Then I'll think, I could do with a better satchel, and then I get distracted by something else. 

It's gorgeous, the lighting through the trees is great, it's so picturesque, you could do photography lessons in it. 

I've got to the 2 second camp now, and I'm lamping everything I loot or own into upgrading it.  Just need the chicken coop and horse garage to finally complete it.  

Not even been into Blackwater yet, but I've discovered most things.  Anyone see the signalling trees? :) Thought that was a nice touch - I dunno if they do anything! 

Nor me, I've not tried. I assumed you couldn't?

I think I've nearly finished the game and I don't think I've crafted anything :(

17 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The epilogue is so boring. It's like going back to the snow mission. Really struggling to get through it. 

I'm quite enjoying it so far. Chapter six was just one stressful encounter after another. Who doesn't like milking a cow?

• Haha 1

I think moose might be rarer than hen's teeth. I spent 2 hours earlier just trying to get one to spawn. When I finally managed to get one, I couldn't get a clean shot so chased it down. Or ended up running along the railway tracks. Not ideal but I'm not giving up, I'll chase it down I think. Chasing it along the tracks for a few minutes it goes into a tunnel. Right, I think, here's the moment to get up alongside so by the time we get out I can get a shot with the deadeye.

**** this word removed thinks the moose, and suddenly veers left across me. The horse slams into the moose, I go flying, turn around, see that the pristine moose that I spent 2 hours trying to get has managed to get itself reduced to a poor quality example of the species and trots off down the tracks with a sly smirk.

Thankfully an hour later I blew it's cousin's face off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I’ve played this too much recently.

I was in Sainsbury’s earlier and I had to wait a minute as the woman on the checkout emptied her till for a colleague collecting the cash. She had a wad of probably £300. I was so ready to press triangle and rob her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Completed the epilogue. Going to stop playing now. There's a hell of a lot I've missed out on, but I've had an absolute blast with this game. Usually single player games don't keep me interested enough to complete it, but this did. 

It's the best game I've played for character development. Really enjoyed getting to know the gang. Absolutely worth every penny even though aspects of the game at hugely frustrating. 

The game looks insanely good on the Xbox One X and a 4k TV. 

9/10

Finished chapter 5, think I've figured out the epilogue.

Spoiler

Caught TB, pretty sure that means arthur is dying and the epilogue will be playing as John bridging the game to the start of the original.

8 hours ago, V01 said:

Finished chapter 5, think I've figured out the epilogue.

Reveal hidden contents

Caught TB, pretty sure that means arthur is dying and the epilogue will be playing as John bridging the game to the start of the original.

Spoiler

Yeah, I found out early on when I watched a 'how to' video on youtube and they were using John. Annoying, but my own fault, I guess.

Â