Match Thread: Bristol v Villa

limpid

Adomah>Elmo - by a distance on what I've seen so far.

We were better with four at the back, it gave us a bit more in midfield - we can come out of this one with a win if we can get the ball down, get Hourihane and Onomah involved and show a bit of confidence, patience and belief. 

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

I'm all for being positive, but that was a horrific cross with time and space,  players to find in the box, one on the edge. Could have carried it 20 yards if he'd wanted too. I didn't say bring him off, but that was awful

I've got absolutely zero problem with our players getting in the right position at the right time but messing up a delivery.  If it happens again, they do it better.  He did do badly with that cross - if it happens again, he delivers a better ball.

But no, he's SHIT!! :detect: 

6 minutes ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Why can't we play like this from kick off. 

Because believe it or not and this may come as a surprise there is another team other than villa on the pitch and sometimes we can't play the way the fans want to. I bet it'll be Bristol are a shit team etc etc. We've not looked in much trouble I think our keepers only had to make one save whereas their keeper has had to make 2-3 ;-)

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Now you've done it, you know you don't actually say that out loud. Thats all it takes to invoke The Curse.

Only those clearings in the woods from across the city believe in curses. Hopefully Bristol are all spunked out now.

For me, take off Samba (even though he's done well), bring on Bree and bring Chester into the middle.

Then leave it for a bit.  The change in formation has settled things.  Get El Mohammady/Green/Hourihane further forward.

The reason why some complained about Elmo is simply because he cannot get any support from RB, whilst Green still has LB helping him to create room.

why can't we have Bree on as RB, ffs.

bree on, samba off. 60", Lansbury on, onomah off, then that is our best attacking formation when opponents are becoming tired.

Joke manager. To go from winning two in a row playing a set formation to playing 3 at the back today is just ridiculous. Good on him for changing but singlehanded has compromised the 11 now having samba on and Chester right back. Steve it ain't broke don't fix it, if it is fix it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Adomah>Elmo - by a distance on what I've seen so far.

We were better with four at the back, it gave us a bit more in midfield - we can come out of this one with a win if we can get the ball down, get Hourihane and Onomah involved and show a bit of confidence, patience and belief. 

100%. Adomah is a lot better going forward at least, he was productive last season, scoring some goals and had a good amount of assists, needs to come on, Elmo has been very poor.

• Like 1

I'm here for my first ever away game (touch me) and we have been dire up until a little spell at the end. 

3 at the back doesn't work for us. Samba needs to come off at half time, Whelan needs to realise this isn't rugby and a forward pass is indeed allowed and the Bristol City fan in the red and white stripey polo needs to give it a rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honest_bertie said:

Joke manager. To go from winning two in a row playing a set formation to playing 3 at the back today is just ridiculous. Good on him for changing but singlehanded has compromised the 11 now having samba on and Chester right back. Steve it ain't broke don't fix it, if it is fix it. 

I mean... sure, he won two in a row - with entirely different starting elevens and against opponents in entirely different states.

But sure, take that stick.  Take it and love it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Is there any chance you so called Villa fans could actually start supporting the Villa;

Iknow i'm asking a lot !1

Thank god...there's another one out there!

How are you mate? Come and join the happy bus :D

• Thanks 1