Match Thread: Norwich v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, NottingVilla said:

I know everyone will say great first half etc but Norwich has been massive non-triers here....been watching their players closely just strolling around casually don't know what is up with them.

So basically you're saying it's like we're playing ourselves

• Haha 1

We look a lot better with a target man.

Davis has contributed to our build up play.

Hourihane, Green & Davis have looked good.  

Honestly, I feel like the club have wasted a fortune on Hogan.  Not because of his ability but because he does not fit into our system. 

Fantastic first half ! the distance between attacker and midfielder is not to big, Hourihane has been a box to box midfielder and I think we can all agree that this guy is good if utilised correctly. The youngsters Davis and Green have been brilliant, love their little one two's and short passing. Even Lansbury has looked good since coming on in that more advanced role. Good first half, maybe the best under Bruce, keep it up and I'll quickly stop critizing Bruce. 

Though on a side not, Norwich do look really really poor, but I am telling myself that they look that poor because of our great performance :)

• Like 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

I think Whelan has been outstanding. Zipping passes around like the Irish Alonso.

The one touch football at times is what we've missed. It's amazing how creative you can be when playing at pace. Villa on paper is the best team in the league, but we were playing so slowly in the first three games that nothing was happening. Something as simple as fast one touch passing is making a huge difference today. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hutton having his pants pulled down. we still sure this guy can at least defend?

30 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hutton having his pants pulled down. we still sure this guy can at least defend?

kenneth-williams-02.jpg

• Haha 1

Exactly how you have to play in the Championship to win games, especially when you have the better quality players. Go out, attack, get men forwards and you will get goals.

Why has it taken so long to set us up to play like this? Hourihane has the more advanced role, has the shackles taken off and what surprise he looks really good, same for Lansbury since he has come on.

And Davis' performance makes you wonder why Gabby was persisted with for so long when he has been waiting in reserve.

• Like 1

Just now, andym said:

Exactly how you have to play in the Championship to win games, especially when you have the better quality players. Go out, attack, get men forwards and you will get goals.

Why has it taken so long to set us up to play like this? Hourihane has the more advanced role, has the shackles taken off and what surprise he looks really good, same for Lansbury since he has come on.

And Davis' performance makes you wonder why Gabby was persisted with for so long when he has been waiting in reserve.

Spot on. If we attacked more like this we would be battering teams

Just now, andym said:

Agreed. The way we are playing right now could be done home or away to most teams in this league. In the Premier League yeah you do have to give a bit more respect playing away as teams in that league can seriously punish you, but Championship if you play like you're at home every where you go you win games.