• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well I'm sorry if it sounds aggressive.  I'm just pissed off with things drifting along like this, with no apparent strategy beyond big talk, and a lack of decisiveness in the face of a growing problem.

But not to be pedantic but "apparent" is the operative word.

we don't know what they are up to.....we could be pleasantly surprised on the other hand depressed.

we all need to calm our jets a tad and let it unfold....just like the Birmingham bins, shit *don't get shifted as quick as we woukd like.

*shit meaning our situation.

I wonder what "Pep" talk Bruce gives our players ? 

http://www.bicesteradvertiser.net/sport/oxfordunited/15536117.In_form_Oxford_United_pair_thriving_under_Pep_Clotet_s_hands_on_coaching/

Clotet’s approach, which sees him spend more time one-on-one with players, has been a big hit with both.

“The gaffer likes to have a lot of one-on-ones with you and wants to know what you’re thinking and how the sessions and last game have gone.

“It’s down to you when you get out on the pitch to do something that’s catches the gaffer’s eye and hopefully helps you cement a place in the team.”

As I've said previously they were blown away by his interview, his preparation and his structured analysis of the progression he expected to make month on month. 

Is Clotet the right man for us-who knows... is Bruce the wrong man for us YES! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder what "Pep" talk Bruce gives our players ? 

http://www.bicesteradvertiser.net/sport/oxfordunited/15536117.In_form_Oxford_United_pair_thriving_under_Pep_Clotet_s_hands_on_coaching/

As I've said previously they were blown away by his interview, his preparation and his structured analysis of the progression he expected to make month on month. 

Is Clotet the right man for us-who knows... is Bruce the wrong man for us YES! 

Indeed, time for us to go for a gifted young manager who we can create a legacy with.

Alot of people don't realise we would be more patient if we saw progress and forward thinking even if results didn't always go our way.

There is a difference between just straight up farcical management, and a manager who has a progressive way of thinking, tries things, and owns up to his mistakes if and when he gets it wrong.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, time for us to go for a gifted young manager who we can create a legacy with.

Alot of people don't realise we would be more patient if we saw progress and forward thinking even if results didn't always go our way.

There is a difference between just straight up farcical management, and a manager who has a progressive way of thinking, tries things, and owns up to his mistakes if and when he gets it wrong.

That post JV makes sense in theory.....our fanbase is not one dimensional in terms of football intellect.....I wonder if it work in practice/principle.

a manager who explains why he is failing to win games , but musters feasible reasons why, would soon experience a patience failure ......bit like a lady friend who says you can sleep with me, as longs as nothing happens.......its all a sound intention.

Roberto Martinez was a past master of polishing a turd.....it wears thin.

We all want one of these thinking innovative managers, but they are a risk too....they are usually found playing Russian Roulette with recruitment sadly.

However, I think your intention is noble.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That post JV makes sense in theory.....our fanbase is not one dimensional in terms of football intellect.....I wonder if it work in practice/principle.

a manager who explains why he is failing to win games , but musters feasible reasons why, would soon experience a patience failure ......bit like a lady friend who says you can sleep with me, as longs as nothing happens.......its all a sound intention.

Roberto Martinez was a past master of polishing a turd.....it wears thin.

We all want one of these thinking innovative managers, but they are a risk too....they are usually found playing Russian Roulette with recruitment sadly.

However, I think your intention is noble.

Good point, and the Lady friend bit cracked me up haha!

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good point, and the Lady friend bit cracked me up haha!

well ...............we have all been there.

tragically for me, i got up sucking my thumb:)

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

We all want one of these thinking innovative managers, but they are a risk too....they are usually found playing Russian Roulette with recruitment sadly

I think a lot of transfer policies are like playing Russian Roulette. The reason the young up and coming managers suffer more is two fold. Certainly inexperience plays a part but generally they are playing the game with extremely limited funds and so as a necessity they are generally taking bigger risks. Bruce has been allowed relatively huge funds and to be fair I think he has generally bought well, it's how he's used his toys that has been his failing. 

So a new innovative manager just has to figure out how his train set can play nicely with the rest of the toys. Recruitment has been done for him and if there are ffp problems then there won't be a fortune to spend anyway.  

• Like 1

Well the good news is that if/when we get rid of Bruce, Nigel Pearson is out of the picture. He's just been appointed manager to a 2nd tier Belgium Team OH Leuven (who are owned by the Leicester City lot!) :blink:

But yes, don't think he would now be in frame for the Villa should it become available! :D

Just now, cyrusr said:

Well the good news is that if/when we get rid of Bruce, Nigel Pearson is out of the picture. He's just been appointed manager to a 2nd tier Belgium Team OH Leuven (who are owned by the Leicester City lot!) :blink:

But yes, don't think he would now be in frame for the Villa should it become available! :D

So they sacked him and then employed him at their other club - the wacky world of football

Haven't they sacked him twice before...  soon to be 3rd time lucky ? 

From what I was told by a member of Leicesters staff there were few tears shed when he was dumped after saving them. Nasty & Abrasive were words used to describe his personality. was he Wyness choice or was it Hollis:Bernstein & Kings? Bullet dodged with him anyways.

I've been tying to dig around through my old work contacts about Clotet and us and interestingly I didn't get an outright NO when I asked if we were interested. That doesn't mean though we have made an approach they may be basing that just on the Dr following him on twitter. The feeling within the club is that he won't be there this time next year as they fully expect him to be poached sooner rather then later. We shall see.

• Like 1

Didn't Watford sack the manager that got them promoted? Also Southampton were always planning on bringing Pochettino in regardless of what Atkins achieved. 

Its cruel but good forward thinking by the clubs. I hope Villa are already eyeing up our Premiership manager for when we return. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't Watford sack the manager that got them promoted? Also Southampton were always planning on bringing Pochettino in regardless of what Atkins achieved. 

Its cruel but good forward thinking by the clubs. I hope Villa are already eyeing up our Premiership manager for when we return. 

I have a strong feeling this is already in place.. If we manage to get promoted though!

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm hoping this is the case. If Dr. X is as ambitious as he initially claimed, I get the feeling that we'll be getting in a forward thinking manager if we get to the PL.

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm hoping this is the case. If Dr. X is as ambitious as he initially claimed, I get the feeling that we'll be getting in a forward thinking manager if we get to the PL.

We might need one to get us to the PL.

• Like 2