• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

We need to do what Watford, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough did and what Wolves and Leeds are currently doing. Do our homework, look at managers outside Britian. I am sick and tired of hearing the argument of we need experience, it has been proven time and time again that we don't. If we were fighting relegation, I would say experience could be helpful, but we want to get promoted. Get a manager in with some kind of philosphy in and some style of football. we can sell at least 12 of our current players as our squad is muuuuuuuuch to big, give the new manager some cash to bring in his kind of players and see what happens. 

Once in my time have we gone for an unkown foreigner, Remi Garde, who came in at the wrong time and was not given any tools to help his cause, I still believe he would have made us at least decent, if he at least had got some money to spend. He at least saw that there was more potential in players such as Ayew, Veretout and Ghana than in players such as Gestede, Richardson and Agbonlahor. 

• Like 3

Still a few people who think we should keep Bruce because 

(a) we've appointed lots of Managers

(b) who else is there 

What an incredibly frightened and negative way to think.

Yes it will be a gamble. So what.

Its one hell of a gamble expecting Bruce to suddenly, for the first time ever, average 2.2 points per game :D!!! Joking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Smith is averaging 18.5 shot a game at Brentford this season and 55.2% possession

21557689_10154921039051200_5557455101421

I wouldn't want smith :(  

They are 23rd without a win this season , 

jokanovic please . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I wouldn't want smith :(  

jokanovic please . 

neither would i mate, I would prefer Jokanovic too or someone like Murat Yakin

Although Smith stats are impressive i just don't think he would be best option for us.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Although Smith stats are impressive i just don't think he would be best option for us

No wins all season , 2nd from bottom , not that impressive stats . 

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Smith is averaging 18.5 shot a game at Brentford this season and 55.2% possession

21557689_10154921039051200_5557455101421

Impressive stats. What's impressive is that he doesn't budge from the way he wants to play and their workrate which is overlooked when you consider he's lost hogan, dean, jota, colin, and Alan judge who was the form championship midfielder at the time, to a leg break. If Dean Smith ends up being next aston villa manager i wouldn't be opposed to it at all. Also for the people who will say "well brentford are below us so...." 

1. Players he's lost.

2. Given peanuts to spend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mykeyb said:

If we win tomorrow will it be because of good players performing well or good management?

So far it appears the failings are 85% down to the players from your posts...........while we agree Bruce is culpable I think he is far more to blame than yourself....

We didn't, not unexpected was it. Any further games he manages us is just a complete waste.

Sorry TRO but you couldn't be more wrong on Bruce.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Although Smith stats are impressive i just don't think he would be best option for us.

They'd be my top pics along with  Markus Weinzierl I've read very good things about him 

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/08/05/tactical-philosophy-markus-weinzierl/

Edited by thabucks
Can't count.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

They'd be my two pics along with  Markus Weinzierl I've read very good things about him 

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/08/05/tactical-philosophy-markus-weinzierl/

who your two pic? Jokanovic and Yakin or Jokanovic and Smith

lol sorry dude i mentioned 3 managers :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have no idea who can sort this out.....but I will admit one thing.....That was turgid today.

Have yo seen enough to warrant a change tro ? Or do you feel he deserves more games?

i know you are a man of integrity and big enough to change your mind if necessary . 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea who can sort this out.....but I will admit one thing.....That was turgid today.

Aye. Bruce is not going to get Villa promoted, is he?  We're a million miles away, but it's not the players.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who do you blame?

I have been having this debate in the Aston Social with several groups of fans.....I have watched the game sitting next to Carl Chinn.

We have been discussing some of the blindingly obvious faults in our play today, but I am no further forward....The Ref was disgusting in his performance too.

one fan said " that team could have been managed by any one of our previous managers and you wouldn't be able to tell"

one fan said "as soon as they sign for us they think they can stop working, that other players will cover for them"

It was shocking.

I have no idea.....but the likes of that will not continue to go unabated, i assure you.