• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is where Steve Round proves his worth.

It's pointless me trying to suggest the manager who is going to break the mould here.  I'd just come up with the same old names.  I wouldn't have called out David Wagner a couple of years ago, or Thomas Christiansen this season, or Marco Silva.  But this is the type of guy we need to really turn this around.

Could not agree more. 

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's pointless me trying to suggest the manager who is going to break the mould here.  I'd just come up with the same old names.  I wouldn't have called out David Wagner a couple of years ago, or Thomas Christiansen this season, or Marco Silva.  But this is the type of guy we need to really turn this around.

This is the Championship now. It's changed very quickly but it isn't a Steve Bruce world anymore. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

Aye. Bruce is not going to get Villa promoted, is he?  We're a million miles away, but it's not the players.

Not on that form

well I didn't see Steve Bruce playing.....of course its the players, they are the ones playing and not doing their jobs....you can't just dismiss that as if any manager tells them to do everything.

but equally Steve Bruce is responsible for them so equally must take blame.

I wish I knew what the single factor is, but I suspect its many factors.

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I wouldn't like to call it.....such is the turgid, pewtred, offering we submitted today.

He will not survive Sept if this continues.....whether it is directly his fault or not.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not on that form

well I didn't see Steve Bruce playing.....of course its the players, they are the ones playing and not doing their jobs....you can't just dismiss that as if any manager tells them to do everything.

but equally Steve Bruce is responsible for them so equally must take blame.

I wish I knew what the single factor is, but I suspect its many factors.

Bruce is the manager - the buck stops with him and if he can't for whatever reason get the best from a talented squad then he has to be fired asap ! 

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce is the manager - the buck stops with him and if he can't for whatever reason get the best from a talented squad then he has to be fired asap ! 

Eastie....I have no will to defend him tonight, but they equally have to look at themselves.

He will sure as hell go.....if we see much more or that......But don't be too surprised if I defend the next manager, If I see the likes of that.

yes the manager is ultimately responsible, but any of the past 4 managers could have been in the dug out presiding over that.....its nothing new.

something somewhere is drastically wrong.

the game was beyond shite

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

100%. 

I was listening to BBC WM on the way back from the game. One bloke called in and basically said was Bruce was crap. That there had been no signs of improvement or evidence of a game plan since Bruce arrived. But he then went on say that its ok sacking him, but who's going to replace him? And for that reason we may aswell keep Bruce. 

That attitude really winds me up. Like you, and like the caller in question, i have no idea who we should go for. What i do know is that Bruce needs to go, and the highly paid directors at VP need to get the next one right. 1 decent appointment in 3 is surely not to much to ask of them?

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't like to call it.....such is the turgid, pewtred, offering we submitted today.

He will not survive Sept if this continues.....whether it is directly his fault or not.

Come on mate, of course its his bloody fault. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Eastie....I have no will to defend him tonight, but they equally have to look at themselves.

He will sure as hell go.....if we see much more or that......But don't be too surprised if I defend the next manager, If I see the likes of that.

It was beyond shite

Was this a dressing room playing to keep the manager in his job ? 

Maybe not ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

100%. 

I was listening to BBC WM on the way back from the game. One bloke called in and basically said was Bruce was crap. That there had been no signs of improvement or evidence of a game plan since Bruce arrived. But he then went on say that its ok sacking him, but who's going to replace him? And for that reason we may aswell keep Bruce. 

That attitude really winds me up. Like you, and like the caller in question, i have no idea who we should go for. What i do know is that Bruce needs to go, and the highly paid directors at VP need to get the next one right. 1 decent appointment in 3 is surely not to much to ask of them?

Yep. Good post agree with it all

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

100%. 

We could leave Mcdonald and the academy boys in charge Tuesday night and it wouldn't be as bad as that.  He must go now. We gain absolutely nothing from keeping him from here. He's showed us what he has. Has nothing in reserve that he's holding back. He has been backed.  Get rid. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We could leave Mcdonald and the academy boys in charge Tuesday night and it wouldn't be as bad as that.  He must go now. We gain absolutely nothing from keeping him from here. He's showed us what he has. Has nothing in reserve that he's holding back. He has been backed.  Get rid. 

Thats the crux of it for me. You get to the point when it becomes "anyone but this fella"  because the bloke has just completely lost plot. Thats where we are now with Bruce. 

Its better to have a shit plan, than to have no plan at all. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We will see when the next manager gets appointed.

I saw an arrogance and attitude from Bruce in recent press conferences that I didn't like - if he takes that tone with players then they will soon resent it and he did not handle the mccormack situation well in my opinion - if some players suspect he is close to the sack then maybe they will not give their all ? 

I remember Gregory saying that collymore once used the 'you'll go before me ' line . 

I suspect he has lost sections of the dressing room  on that performance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Come on mate, of course its his bloody fault. 

Av I think you make it too simple.....There were players today that were bereft of work rate off the ball, bereft of desire the stop the opposition, failed to get anywhere close the there opposite number.....crikey, even if Steve Bruce is shot.....couldn't one of the players ask " who is picking up woods no15"......it was pathetic.

John Terry is the captain.....hasn't he got a say on the pitch

I am in total agreement the buck stops with the manager.....but some of what I am watching is ridiculous from many many quarters.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

We will see when the next manager gets appointed.

Just to add, 8 of todays starting 11 were signed by Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I saw an arrogance and attitude from Bruce in recent press conferences that I didn't like - if he takes that tone with players then they will soon resent it and he did not handle the mccormack situation well in my opinion - if some players suspect he is close to the sack then maybe they will not give their all ? 

I remember Gregory saying that collymore once used the 'you'll go before me ' line . 

I suspect he has lost sections of the dressing room  on that performance. 

maybe?.....well it happened to Jose at Chelsea, so maybe.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just to add, 8 of todays starting 11 were signed by Bruce. 

hey! you could be right....just saying we will see.

Tragically I think it could be other factors too.

......but we can't put up with that.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Av I think you make it too simple.....There were players today that were bereft of work rate off the ball, bereft of desire the stop the opposition, failed to get anywhere close the there opposite number.....crikey, even if Steve Bruce is shot.....couldn't one of the players ask " who is picking up woods no15"......it was pathetic.

John Terry is the captain.....hasn't he got a say on the pitch

I am in total agreement the buck stops with the manager.....but some of what I am watching is ridiculous from many many quarters.

As i said above though mate, Bruce signed 8 of the starting 11. 

The disorganization is down to Bruce alone.

We have 1 striker in Davis that holds the ball up well, but has no one around to benefit from it, result, we give away possession. 

We have another striker that makes good runs but looks isolated because he has no one to feed off, result, we give away possession. 

Now playing them together solves both of these issues, but Bruce is too gutless to go with 2 up top so plays a DM at home to bloody Brentford. And still we get overrun in the middle. That isnt down to the players mate, its down to Bruces "tactics"