Park Life: AVTV Live

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

The club will make these subscriptions available early next week in various formats including - a season-long pass, a monthly subscription and on a match-by-match basis.

Pricing for packages

Live Video Stream (International fans only - non UK & Ireland)

Season Pass £110 (roughly 20-25 games dependent on broadcast picks)
Monthly £13 (10 x monthly payments Aug-May)
Match-by-Match £6

Audio (UK, Ireland & International)

Season Pass £45
Monthly £6 (10 x monthly payments Aug-May)
Match-by-Match £3 

Edited by Chewie

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

This is fantastic!! I'm over the moon - no more scrapping around trying to find shitty streams. This kind of thing should become the norm from now on. Now, I'm going to feel as close to a season ticket holder as I can be from New York!

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

This is fantastic!! I'm over the moon - no more scrapping around trying to find shitty streams. This kind of thing should become the norm from now on. Now, I'm going to feel as close to a season ticket holder as I can be from New York!

Except for when we are on Sky :D

Just now, Chewie said:

Except for when we are on Sky :D

Haha - TBH those are normally on BEIN sports over here so it's not too bad. It's great news though for us oversea'ers!

Prediction league again this year Chewie?

• Like 1

Oh no, I am in the U.K., I'm not allowed to watch! I'm so annoyed, if only there was something that allowed you to bypass geoblocking - shame it would be illegal.

Looks like a season of watching highlights on channel 5 again :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Haha - TBH those are normally on BEIN sports over here so it's not too bad. It's great news though for us oversea'ers!

Prediction league again this year Chewie?

Yeah it is good news for us, and I am sure it'll be good news for UK VT'ers to find ways of watching too ;)

Prediction league? Of course my friend, going up early next week :)

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 2

I guess that we will be the worst team to buy this subscription for due to the amount of times we will be on tv. Still a great service but even better for fans of smaller clubs that will get 35+ live games for their money compared to 25 games or so for us.  Already pay for AVTV anyway for the radio commentary last season so will just keep it up for this season

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Oh no, I am in the U.K., I'm not allowed to watch! I'm so annoyed, if only there was something that allowed you to bypass geoblocking - shame it would be illegal.

Looks like a season of watching highlights on channel 5 again :rolleyes:

VPNs are not illegal. Paying for a subscription but contravening the terms of that subscription is not illegal. There is no law governing any of this. 

Not a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things.

But paying that kind of money to watch lower league football, on the telly (or laptop)  is not something I'm happy about.

Even if it means I actually get to watch a few more Villa games than last season.

Hopefully we can offer a bit more value for money this season, because last season I mostly watched the games that were free, and I still feel I was ripped off.

Time is money and all that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The price is very expensive tbh.

For the money they are charging I would be expecting a near TV experience.

If they are charging £110 per person for a season pass and it's the same single camera on a swivel mount as every AVTV/YouTube stream then it won't be acceptable. 

For this they need several camera angles, a producer that knows how to use something like Wirecast or something akin to that and maybe some trained camera operators. I have a feeling though that this will be standard AVTV level shit.

• Like 2

I thought that the price was quite steep but then I saw a picture of John Terry ITSOTP in the middle of the article and I was immediately convinced that in fact it was worth me spending £110 for something I will most likely be able to get for free.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/28/park-life-avtv-live-announced-new-store-to-launch-programme-details-confirmed

In the 2016/17 season we were televised 19 times and we anticipate more coverage this year via Sky and broadcast partners. 

TerryFollowUpMainPic3.ashx?la=en&vs=1&d=

We aim to bring you every game outside of those broadcasts (anticipating 20-25 matches available) via AVTV Live, subject to our games being picked for broadcast.

Edited by fightoffyour
I got in trouble

24 minutes ago, Daweii said:

If they are charging £110 per person for a season pass and it's the same single camera on a swivel mount as every AVTV/YouTube stream then it won't be acceptable. 

For this they need several camera angles, a producer that knows how to use something like Wirecast or something akin to that and maybe some trained camera operators. I have a feeling though that this will be standard AVTV level shit.

The games are filmed regardless, by professional camera operators. Whereas that footage used to only generate money from rights packages to channel 5, now it is being sold also direct to the consumer. Will be TV standard every time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Depends on the response I guess, I think you are asking a lot for £5 a game.