Park Life: AVTV Live

Villaphan04

As an Aussie, when I convert £110 into my currency  its nearly $175. That is very expensive IMO, especially when I can get 6 months pay TV sports channels for the same price, granted I won't get to see all the games of villa but every other sport in the world. 

To put it in comparison my local Aussie rules team streams their games, costs me $50 (£31) for 18 games. 

As I love the Villa I will be getting (I think) but the money better be used to buy Neymar next season when we go up :ph34r:

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

As an Aussie, when I convert £110 into my currency  its nearly $175. That is very expensive IMO, especially when I can get 6 months pay TV sports channels for the same price, granted I won't get to see all the games of villa but every other sport in the world. 

To put it in comparison my local Aussie rules team streams their games, costs me $50 (£31) for 18 games. 

As I love the Villa I will be getting (I think) but the money better be used to buy Neymar next season when we go up :ph34r:

They also can't guarantee exactly how many games we'll get for £110 which makes it seem a little too high. If we do more Sky are going to want to show us more which means less games for our money. I might start with the £6 a game for now - also to see how the reliable the stream is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

They also can't guarantee exactly how many games we'll get for £110 which makes it seem a little too high. If we do more Sky are going to want to show us more which means less games for our money. I might start with the £6 a game for now - also to see how the reliable the stream is.

Yep we can watch 18 games for less than $110. Few extra sky games and miss a few and it'll be cheaper to pay game by game. I really think a £110 is going to price a lot of people away. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Let's hope it's more reliable than yesterday , been pretty reliable coverage in the friendlies until we played at villa park - at least we didn't miss any goals while the link was down .

Edited by Eastie

Would be good if you could opt in/out for certain months after Sky have announced their schedule for the month ahead, atleast you'd be able to see whether your getting good value for that month.

• Like 1

I'm watching the Watford game now and this commentator is worse than Jack IMO - he just says things that aren't true. 'Lots of pace on show from the like of Grealish', 'Great cross in' (rubbish cross) etc. 

Annoying me. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm watching the Watford game now and this commentator is worse than Jack IMO - he just says things that aren't true. 'Lots of pace on show from the like of Grealish', 'Great cross in' (rubbish cross) etc. 

Annoying me. 

He most likely wont be the one. 

I think i might wait and see what people are saying about the quality etc. 

I think its a bit pricey.. i would pay it if there was other programs to watch.. like 1 hour match preview.. review... interviews etc etc. Will we have all that or is is just purely for the matches?

2 hours ago, JNortonAVFC said:

Would be good if you could opt in/out for certain months after Sky have announced their schedule for the month ahead, atleast you'd be able to see whether your getting good value for that month.

You can pay monthly?

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You can pay monthly?

It looked like a monthly subsciption as in, just breaking the year cost into a monthly fee, rather than having the option to just pay for November if we're not on sky much that month

43 minutes ago, JNortonAVFC said:

It looked like a monthly subsciption as in, just breaking the year cost into a monthly fee, rather than having the option to just pay for November if we're not on sky much that month

I think it will be available on a monthly basis to drop in or out as you wish like avtv was.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not being funny but £6 a game is pittance, it costs and absolute fortune to travel home and away. I'm glad you'll finally be contributing to the upkeep of the club!

:trollface:

It's not 6 quid for people abroad though is it. I would have liked a service for international fans to be priced accordingly in their specific currency. It doesn't take into consideration any research into exchange rates and value for money in that country, which I don't think would have taken the club too much time to have worked out.

The survey a lot of us filled out regarding pricing, doesn't seem to be taken into consideration.

Still it's something we didn't have last season. So stump up or listen to a radio stream.

I'll be paying and having a good old moan to myself.

16 hours ago, bojong said:

Can you watch games on demand later or is it just live stream?

I'd be interested to know this too, because I'm unlikely to stay up to watch too many Tuesday night games at 3am my time but would be inclined to watch them next day if available. This might just help me determine whether to pay for a season pass or pay-per-match option. 

Also, I think 2 things will determine whether or not this is a value for money experience: 1) that they get the technical aspects of the stream right (i.e decent quality, reliable stream, and 2) that the team produces something watchable on  the pitch!