Joe Hart

alreadyexists

Right... well, I think we all agree the chances are somewhere between slim and none, and the three types of hope we have are Cape Hope, Bob Hope and no hope, but he is probably worth a thread for speculation now that it's been reported that we have made an approach. 

This Birmingham Mail article is about our loan approaches for Joe Hart and Sam Johnstone...

Birmingham Mail

Aston Villa are waiting for answers back from goalkeepers Sam Johnstone and Joe Hart as they look to land a new No.1 before the pre-season friendly fixtures get underway next week...

An ambitious move for Hart of Manchester City has been made but the chances of landing him remain slim.

The England stopper is reluctant to move down into the Championship with the World Cup just around the corner, although Villa are using the arrival of John Terry as bait during discussions.

An initial approach has been made but the response wasn’t clear as Hart is waiting to see what other options come his way.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Not needed. Just a show signing for extravagant wages. They should try get johnstone permanently

there's a huge gulf between Hart and Johnstone.

I think the ideal signing is somewhere in between the two. But if the club are making a serious effort for Hart then I'm all for it.

We won't be struggling at the back with a defence of

-------------------Hart
De Laet (I hope), Chester, Terry, Taylor

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the ideal signing is somewhere in between the two. But if the club are making a serious effort for Hart then I'm all for it.

-------------------Hart

That back four is impressive, thats better than some lower premier league clubs 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

-------------------Hart

Blimey, that back 5 is good, or at least it is on paper. As Demitri said, that's better than a lot of PL sides. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

-------------------Hart

That's a midtable premier league back 5! 

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Bidding for both Sam Johnstone and Joe Hart' is a bit like trying to order both a roasted unicorn with stardust glazing and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps for dinner. 

Genuinely made me laugh that!

I came here to say the same thing, a couple have beaten me to it. Seems very strange that our 2 goalkeeper targets are on the opposite ends of the scale.

One I would consider in the top 10% of all keepers in the premier league and the other in the bottom 10% (based on each club having 3 keepers on their books - totalling 60 keepers)

I doubt we would be signing Joe Hart in his prime, but I wish so much we would look for an alternative to Sam Johnstone. A decent experienced keeper between the sticks could be the difference between getting promoted or not. I'd honestly have Guzan back over Johnstone. At least he could make some saves. 

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I came here to say the same thing, a couple have beaten me to it. Seems very strange that our 2 goalkeeper targets are on the opposite ends of the scale.

One I would consider in the top 10% of all keepers in the premier league and the other in the bottom 10% (based on each club having 3 keepers on their books - totalling 60 keepers)

I doubt we would be signing Joe Hart in his prime, but I wish so much we would look for an alternative to Sam Johnstone. A decent experienced keeper between the sticks could be the difference between getting promoted or not. I'd honestly have Guzan back over Johnstone. At least he could make some saves. 

I'd take hart over Johnstone anyway but I'd also take Johnstone ahead of Guzan everyday too - Guzan was a shocking goalkeeper , as bad as any I've seen in last 40 years down villa park .

Just now, Eastie said:

I'd take hart over Johnstone anyway but I'd also take Johnstone ahead of Guzan everyday too - Guzan was a shocking goalkeeper , as bad as any I've seen in last 40 years down villa park .

I agree Guzan ended up being poor, but I still think he's better than "no save for you" Johnstone

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I agree Guzan ended up being poor, but I still think he's better than "no save for you" Johnstone

Johnstone got better as the season progressed - I think we could do much better than him and also much worse.

if villa & the dr want to get out the league & win it, players like joe hart is they way forward, 

man city wont want jh going to liverpool etc so villa is a great fit, if southgate says get playing in uk & perform you will be selected etc,world cup next year so a winning team with keeper must sway it.

• Like 1

Â