Joe Hart

alreadyexists

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It's not Hart... a tad deflated even though didn't think we ever stood a chance.

It could be anyone, now It's likely Johnstone, but Hart hasn't ruled us out all that has been said on that front is he's looking over his options. 

Now we don't even know if he had any other options. Yes Newcastle and West Ham were linked in the media, but only as loans which Man City shot down. We could very easily be the only team after him that Man City are willing to do business with. 

Of course we may be one of many teams after him and in which case it's not looking good for us, but just because a resolution will be here within 48 hours does not rule out Hart. 

PS. I don't think Hart is coming here, but a swift resolution doesn't rule him out until he is 100% not the new Villa no.1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/07/bruce-eyes-swift-conclusion-to-goalkeeper-hunt

Steve Bruce says he’s targeting “two or three” new additions to his ranks – and hopes to sign a goalkeeper in the next two days........

“It’s no big secret that I am still hoping we can tie up Sam Johnstone from Manchester United. 

“I think that’s still ongoing but ultimately we have to respect Manchester United. 

I very much doubt we are using Johnstone as a pawn to push Citeh/Hart into a decision. It's pretty definitive answer IMO 

Edited by thabucks

Sounds to me that Bruce has told United he needs an answer by Sunday or they have told him they will give him an answer by Sunday - doesn't mean they will release Johnstone but quite rightly we cannot wait forever and need to keep options open . 

Good news if it's Johnstone. Don't think it was ever going to be Hart. I think having a consistent back line, apart from Terry (who is more than experienced enough) to fit in will only help us this season. Not the greatest fan of Johnstone but he did improve and has potential. 

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

It's Johnstone.

Utd go on tour on Sunday, hence the 24/48 hours comment by Bruce.

And they will let him know on Sunday whether they are keeping Johnstone or not and whether they are prepared to loan him again - as he said united don't know their own keeper situation yet. 

Bruce is obviously not putting all his eggs in one basket and looking at other options in case united decide to pull the plug.

Edited by Eastie

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

And they will let him know on Sunday whether they are keeping Johnstone or not and whether they are prepared to loan him again - as he said united don't know their own keeper situation yet. 

Bruce is obviously not putting all his eggs in one basket and looking at other options in case united decide to pull the plug.

jesus, good job thats not us.....it would be another flogging for Steve Bruce:)

• Like 1

I really do not think that Hart would agree to join us until the last hour of the last day of the transfer window if nobody else had come in for him from the PL or abroad by then.

He appears to have a very big opinion of himself which once had merit but other England qualified keepers have now overtaken him during the past year in my opinion. I would rather have a keeper who wants to start the season with us than wait around for someone who really does not want to play for us and might well reject us at the last minute. 

Should he decide to join us without undue delay than I would be happy to see him in a Villa shirt despite the fact that he put on a Small Heath one in his murky past. The link with him was nice but I get the feeling that we would be his among his last options if not his last one and I hope that is a decision if he takes it that he will come to regret.        

• Like 4

In before the lock... see his options are dwindling by the day.  if the reports are true Newcastle are going after the reserve Madrid keeper & West Ham withdrawing their interest. Oh well #injohnstonewetrust 

• 2 weeks later...

And after all Man City's talk Joe is going on loan again!  And TV says they are covering some of his pay!

I know we knew something like this would happen but I just had to post it!

Cheers.

Â