John Terry

Farlz

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I noticed a few on here said if we signed him they would boycott Villa.  It's not a stance I understand, I support the club not the player but they are entitled to their opinion and actions

I wonder however if the club will see an increase in season tickets following this, it's been played up 8n the press as a major coup and everything surrounding it seems very positive. 

I still have my doubts about if he will be fit enough to still compete but we will see if pure ability still shines through. 

I saw my office team with several ringers,  all pretty good quality* young fit Sunday league players get a total pasting by the Villa Old Stars with Ian Olney being the youngest by a country mile so up to a level it will always tell. 

*Good quality for Sunday league of course! 

well "Harry" has every reason to be sore.....but he said he seen him play recently and he was fantastic.....albeit a testimonial, but these old pro's know what to look for.

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I noticed a few on here said if we signed him they would boycott Villa.  It's not a stance I understand, I support the club not the player but they are entitled to their opinion and actions

Well I hope they never watch our League Cup win in 1994 with that awful 'racist' Big Fat Ron in charge....:blink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The thing I noticed on his instagam page was the 3.3m followers

villa have 175k

19,999 posts. Make sure the next is a corker!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

No, I'd rather get players and managers in their prime, not way past their sell by date.

I'd rather have a way of making all these "quality" players we already have actually put a shift in and look like they want to be there

after 5 years, how many managers, how many captains, far too many transfers, a new owner, a complete set up change we still don't seem to have the answer 

hopefully he'll be the one to finally bring some proper leadership to the club

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

In the press conference, i see the same steely determination to win and the cocky confidence, i seen when we signed Andy Gray......despite the age difference.

when its in ya......its in ya.

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes you are right, it'd have been preferable to have got Terry when he was in his Prime.......:wacko:.............sadly he was too good for us then though.

Same as Schmeichel, Merson, Ginola, Ronny Johnsen, - who all did a good job when past their best.

Now, as a mid Table Championship Team, who exactly is it in their Prime that you think would (a) come to this Club and (b) bring what he can ?

Because with the best will in the world absolutely nobody springs to mind.

So I for one am absolutely delighted that a player of his pedigree has signed for us - just as I would've been gutted had he signed for any rival.

I respect everyones view, but I have to say, I'm staggered people can't get excited about this.

I struggle to think of a more potentially significant signing since we got Peter Withe.

I amazed you have to explain this.....but it takes all sorts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The thing I noticed on his instagam page was the 3.3m followers

villa have 175k

Shows the difference between being a top team in the PL and playing in The Champions League and being an also ran.  Maybe a signing like this will raise our profile in more ways than people think. 

Â