Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

I read this morning that an elderly gentleman has fallen over, people were helping him, and then the van struck. They would have had more or less no chance to get out of the way.

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

I read this morning that an elderly gentleman has fallen over, people were helping him, and then the van struck. They would have had more or less no chance to get out of the way.

Almost.

An elderly man collapsed and was I believe receiving or about to receive CPR when the attack happened, he is the man that has sadly died. It remains to be seen if his death was natural causes or the actions of the coward in the van.

London fire and met police are overstretched beyond anything these days. Those cuts to our services are really starting to affect too many people to validate the policy. There's not enough police to go around when these incidents happen almost weekly. I wouldn't say that the response was any slower judging by the reports, I just think our services are stretched to the limit.

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

London fire and met police are overstretched beyond anything these days. Those cuts to our services are really starting to affect too many people to validate the policy. There's not enough police to go around when these incidents happen almost weekly. I wouldn't say that the response was any slower judging by the reports, I just think our services are stretched to the limit.

It was apparently reported as a collision hence the slower response time.

Slower response time has to do with location too. Near Westminster there are probably armed units waiting to go.

If a terrorist attack happened near me, I'd imagine the nearest armed response team being an hour to an hour and a half away. At best. 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Finsbury Park is a very mixed area, Africans, Muslims, white people.  

Those three distinctively different groups.

It's perfectly possible to have a white, African Muslim.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Those three distinctively different groups.

It's perfectly possible to have a white, African Muslim.

Of course, wasn't really the point I was trying to highlight though. Was referring to the area as a whole its very mixed unlike other parts of London 

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

For som reason there appears to be some rubbish being peddled about the response of the emergency services to this attack. Which I think is either irresponsible or perhaps even intentionally divisive of those spreading it.

The truth is Police were around the corner and there almost 'instantly', additional units arrive with 10 mins.

Yet some are 'reporting' and spreading the idea it was 30 or even 45 mins before they arrived which is very dangerous.

The ambulance service were already on route for the chap that was unwell and then responded to the subsequent incident.

A Muslim being interviewed said it was an hour before police turned up.

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Guy on the radio earlier said 20 minutes.

Sounds like people are peddling their own agenda's here. Can't believe 1 hour at all with the way things are in London at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Sounds like people are peddling their own agenda's here. Can't believe 1 hour at all with the way things are in London at the moment.

Well he was peddling his own agenda by the sound of it. I don't think I've ever known this country so divided. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Well he was peddling his own agenda by the sound of it. I don't think I've ever known this country so divided. 

Yet all communities, races, religions, colours pulling together for the tower block fire. I've never known this country so united ;)

(you see what I did there).

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yet all communities, races, religions, colours pulling together for the tower block fire. I've never known this country so united ;)

(you see what I did there).

True, united are everywhere in this country.

• Like 1

Police were on the scene in 4 minutes according to the radio. I have no idea what people are trying to achieve by saying it was 45 minutes? Riots? This weather combined with events of late surely seem to indicate it. It's sad that our politicians have turned people and classes against each other as of late.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I would imagine the correct time is easily verifiable. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Finsbury Park is in zone 2, so you wouldn't expect the sort of response time that you'd have with a major incident in central London. But at the end of the day it's highly unlikely the police would take an hour to get to an incident like this. I'm sure the MET will confirm the response time. 

• Like 1

Â