London Bridge Incident

The police are stating that they were on the scene and had shot the terrorists within 8 minutes of getting the first call.

That's pretty damn good in my book, considering it wasn't Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square i.e completely obvious target.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The police are stating that they were on the scene and had shot the terrorists within 8 minutes of getting the first call.

That's pretty damn good in my book, considering it wasn't Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square i.e completely obvious target.

Initial reports look like the Police saved a few lives tonight due to their fast and lethal response once the first calls were received.

In a super dynamic situation they have shot dead the attackers in the dark with people running all over the place,  at least one of them had a dummy explosive vest on as well.  It must be **** terrifying for all involved but so far it looks like it could have been a lot lot worse as the Police seem to have dealt with it as well as possible given the circumstances.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

They're clearly waging war directly against England. At what point does this become more than a crisis? Expect the Tories to follow the Trump travel ban blueprint.

I would hope our politicians aren't as stupid as Trump because a travel ban would be utterly pointless.

To date every attack has been carried out by British citizens, I suspect last night will be no different.

So a travel ban is utterly pointless.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I would hope our politicians aren't as stupid as Trump because a travel ban would be utterly pointless.

To date every attack has been carried out by British citizens, I suspect last night will be no different.

Yep, zero chance of any UK politician signing up to this or any institution endorsing it. 

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

They might feel pressure (real or imagined) or they might think it politically strategic to "act" on this crisis by doing something along the lines of a travel ban.

Edited by maqroll

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They might feel pressure (real or imagined) or they might think it politically strategic to "act" on this crisis by doing something along the lines of a travel ban.

Not going to happen.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Awol said:

I suspect this formula can't hold for much longer.

I think you are correct in that,  at a certain point there is a tipping point and people will start to change their behavior either consciously or sub-consciously.  

This is a worrying new tactic in that the lone wolf attack is easier to subdue once in attack mode,  a van with people jumping out the back means you could in theory have a lot more attackers delivered at a scene (or multiple) scenes with attackers spreading out in all directions possibly encountering people running from other attack locations.  So now it's threat level down,   looking for weird loners,  but now I suspect it will be threat level up again and we are looking for a group of pricks with a van and fake vest making skills.  Not a stable outlook for anyone at the moment where counter-terrorism is concerned.

Also,  the fact that it it more than one attacker means there is a lot of people who know these terrorists.  3 people have a lot of interactions with a lot of institution's (Bank's,  schools and places of worship to name but a few) and within their own communities so it was again missed by everyone.  I suppose if,  for example they are brother and / or cousins this is a way to keep it relatively under the radar but this will no doubt inspire similar multi-attacker attacks unfortunately.  

The wearing of a fake vest means death is almost guaranteed as well which adds another dynamic to it all as they are more useful alive for a short time to the authorities I would guess.

Given that there is a general election in a few days I see no other way of protecting the Polling Stations (All) than using Army resources.  That is going to be a logistical nightmare to even make it come across as safe,  if it goes ahead and something happens then that will stop the election and cause people to think about going again maybe ?

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Sod that, you think British people will be cowed into not voting?

I don't.

At this point I would say no but it is only Sunday.  

Friday morning seems a long way away at the moment for the Police I suspect.

Think tougher sentences for terrorists and their families. Maybe although harsh might make them reconsider an attack as the impact on their families? And also might mean the families will grass them up?

Bit controversial i know but this not going to stop unless something is done.

As a Londoner close to London bridge can i just say this is one cowardly act from some pure scumbags

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think tougher sentences for terrorists and their families. Maybe although harsh might make them reconsider an attack as the impact on their families? And also might mean the families will grass them up?

Bit controversial i know but this not going to stop unless something is done.

No offence intended mate but that is ridiculous.

Tougher sentences mean nothing to those willing and wanting to die and punishing the relatives of those responsible is an appalling idea.

Â