Walsall a 18th July 19:45

limpid

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea and I bet Brighton fans probably don't remember either. Point is it's irrelevant because it means nothing! 

Why did you bring it up then? ;)

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooff!

They seem to think a through ball has to go in the air. Play it on the ground so Hogan has something to run onto, a long ball in the air suits defenders because they have two attempts to clear (the pass and the bounce). And the striker has to wait for the ball to land.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

PS - people aren't complaining about the fact it's 0-0 so the point doesn't really work.

Its the dire football and the results we think it will bring once the season starts that is the issue not the score in this or any other pre season game.

Trent I get that but my point is nobody remembers pre-season games. We beat Hull and look half decent and all is forgotten. In fact all will be forgotten regardless. Judging how we will look when it counts based on these pre-season games is worrying for no reason.

All in my opinion of course.  Anyway let's just hope I'm right. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly!! People need to remember this. 

Why? It's totally irrelevant what we did years ago.

People are concerned that we don't seem to have improved in any way and the season is getting ever closer.

We, more than ever, needed to show signs of improvement during preseason and we have shown nothing of the sort.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Why is it that Samba looks our best player by light years. How is this possible?

Because he doesn't have the luxury of poncing around the pitch, daydreaming about what he's going to blow his nice fat paycheck on like the others do.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trent I get that but my point is nobody remembers pre-season games. We beat Hull and look half decent and all is forgotten. In fact all will be forgotten regardless. Judging how we will look when it counts based on these pre-season games is worrying for no reason.

All in my opinion of course.  Anyway let's just hope I'm right. 

I don't see how this can be said though. When it's the exact same issues people were concerned about for 36 games last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Why? It's totally irrelevant what we did years ago.

People are concerned that we don't seem to have improved in any way and the season is getting ever closer.

We, more than ever, needed to show signs of improvement during preseason and we have shown nothing of the sort.

So that means there is no chance we can get promoted? 

Â