Walsall a 18th July 19:45

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Reading conflicting reports here and on Twitter. Sounds like we've had a few more half chances but in general played pretty poor again. 

I suppose that's pretty much it.

Please Steve, just tell me what you are trying to do. I keep hearing reports you are unhappy, I see you in interviews you looking pissed off, I see you bellowing from the sidelines during the game. Tell me what you are trying to implement to get us scoring goals and please tell me why if you are trying to achieve these results, the players are not listening or following.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

We need a player with brains in midfield, we have no control of the game, none whatsoever.

Like their little 10.

How come every team we play has a crafty little number 10 but we've got Birker ?

How good is John Terry?

Watching him at this level, he makes it look effortless. At least half a dozen times in that half, he played a pass to feet when pretty much any other player at this level would hoof it. Class. 

Not too bad a half for a pre season game. We lack quality in midfield though. Bjarnason gets in good positions but can't finish. Lansbury is committed but nothing special as a player. Hourihane hasn't shown himself at Villa yet at all - he's the real disappointment for me as he came with a big rep in the Championship. Hope he can step up.

Elsewhere Green good, Terry great the rest pretty average.

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

It was fun to see the trucks and cars pass by on the high way in the background, makes you realise that we really are playing a small team away.

On the highway?!?  Next you'll be saying the soccer is poor! 

It's all still very random. No real patters to the way we play.

There were signs early on of Lansbury dropping down to collect the ball and the full backs pushing forward a bit higher. But that fizzled out as the half wore on.

So much work to be done in not a lot of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Like their little 10.

How come every team we play has a crafty little number 10 but we've got Birker ?

Villa have got a ready made 10 in Vertout. Hopefully he'll be given a chance in that role in the second half?

• Like 1

The first half will all depend on your perception. If you are looking for pretty football and for us to destroy the opposition then you will be very very disappointed. 

If you are looking to see an improvement on Saturday with player fitness,  sharpness, movement and passing then you will be quite content.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The first half will all depend on your perception. If you are looking for pretty football and for us to destroy the opposition then you will be very very disappointed. 

If you are looking to see an improvement on Saturday with player fitness,  sharpness, movement and passing then you will be quite content.

I was hoping for a pretty big improvement on a few of those things, considering we need to hit the ground running in 2 and a half weeks. 

Glad we've looked a bit more threatening, I think we currently miss grealish and Kodjia a lot. 

12 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

How good is John Terry?

Watching him at this level, he makes it look effortless. At least half a dozen times in that half, he played a pass to feet when pretty much any other player at this level would hoof it. Class. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the signing, although once the details became clear it was worth the gamble. And I was very impressed with just how easily you could tell he was a class above everyone else. 

• Like 1

Â