General Election 2017

ender4

And to prove my point I've had two replies with the typical "vicimisation" that you see nowadays from people who want to discuss politics, no arguments, no debate, just "INSERT RANDOM INSULT" followed by some squealing noise. You guys are winning at the game of insults, however you don't win an election on being the most obscene.

The whole root of the problem is that the left has no one who can actually stand up in a debate without feeling butthurt about being told the truth. It's a plague on the left who used to be considerate people who would listen to other people's views, deconstruct them and try to work through them. Nowadays you have social justice warriors who take it upon themselves to make as much noise and vomit as possible to try to argue for them.

Edited by magnkarl

Are you joking?

You posted two paragraphs of inflammatory, insulting, condescending guff; then try to play the victim when you're rightfully called out for it?

Your post was divisive, made toxic generalisations about multiple groups of people, yet you're trying to clam some sort of moral high group that you were just trying to start a discussion?

Piss right off. 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Are you joking?

You posted two paragraphs of inflammatory, insulting, condescending guff; then try to play the victim when you're rightfully called out for it?

Your post was divisive, made toxic generalisations about multiple groups of people, yet you're trying to clam some sort of moral high group that you were just trying to start a discussion?

Piss right off. 

So labour have no problems? The libdems have no problems? Come off it. Our country is turning into a place where people of different views to the majority in for example universities are getting banned. When I went to uni EVERYONE who wanted to speak were allowed to, nowadays only the people who fit into a very narrow gap that the left/centre finds accepted are allowed to speak. This is why Europe and America is falling to bits on the back of populist governments, people are tired of the PC attitude that is deployed by universities, state TV and organisations around the world. There's more to life than screaming and shouting at people you don't agree with, and it starts with discourse. This whole thread is full of people that have insulted anyone with a different view to them, so it's time someone spoke back.

Edited by magnkarl

As with HV,  I'm not getting drawn into this as I have things to do.

BUT, if you wanted a proper debate, then maybe launching into a disgustingly toxic rant generalising millions of people wasn't the best starting point?

I do find it amusing how apparently, Britain (with a right wing government for the last 7 years) is being ruined because of the left/centre.

It isn't PC to call people out for disgusting views. And free speech doesn't mean that you can't be called out for said views or have said views taken seriously.

It might not dawn on you people but this thread is full of people doing the exact thing I just did and it's worked again. I think it's proven the point quite validly that the degeneration of our politics is down to the fact that there's way too much polarisation and not enough proper discourse. People may think what they want about Corbyn but I feel that he is 100% the reason why Labour have not stood up the the Tories properly for a while. If you don't feel that this is your opinion, but the way he's treating his party (this also used to be my party) is a disgrace. He gets rid of anyone who has ideas that aren't his and it's reducing the bloodflow to the collective labour brain so to speak.

The foundations of "left" and "right" are being shaken up by people who are simply tired of the same old tosh, the PC attitude employed by society today is the sole reason why we have Trump, and will probably be the sole reason why another country might get a populist government in France.

Political correctness is the reason we've got Trump?

Utter, utter nonsense.

The predominate reason Trump and other populist nonsense has arisen, is people are struggling as the world changes and the populists puddle simple answers. Clinton ran a rubbish campaign and is incredibly unlikable, and was seen as more of the same that was perceived as not doing enough to help those struggling. So we get Trump. 

To blame PC as 'the sole reason' says rather more about yourself. You'll get a few likes though. Like Trump.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It might not dawn on you people but this thread is full of people doing the exact thing I just did and it's worked again. I think it's proven the point quite validly that the degeneration of our politics is down to the fact that there's way too much polarisation and not enough proper discourse. People may think what they want about Corbyn but I feel that he is 100% the reason why Labour have not stood up the the Tories properly for a while. If you don't feel that this is your opinion, but the way he's treating his party (this also used to be my party) is a disgrace. He gets rid of anyone who has ideas that aren't his and it's reducing the bloodflow to the collective labour brain so to speak.

The foundations of "left" and "right" are being shaken up by people who are simply tired of the same old tosh, the PC attitude employed by society today is the sole reason why we have Trump, and will probably be the sole reason why another country might get a populist government in France.

You're divisive, toxic, er, racist, yeah you must be racist, you're not progressive and therefore, evil.

Be gone, devil* child.

*actually there's no such thing as the devil and anyone who disagrees is obviously religious, THE biggest sin in modern Britain - I blame Brexit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

not enough proper discourse

Would you like to engage in any or do you just want to post tirades about 'social justice warriors', 'the PC attitude of...', &c.?

Fair enough if you do but don't expect any serious engagement on politics, at least from me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

You are Peter Mandelson, and I claim my £5.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I for one look forward to this election. I used to vote left and consider myself quite liberal until this last wave of elections came about and I realised that the left is absolutely saturated with social justice warriors who will scream, shout and interrupt anyone who has another view to them. All the while they keep shouting NAZI to anyone who has different views, even though they don't realise that by silencing people they are acting more like nazis than anyone else. Our society has now raised a new class of university student who thinks that it's okay to bar some people with conflicting views to the left from speaking at universities while at the same time burning their bras, heckling people who argue against islam, against europe, against anything that isn't a multi coloured love session.

It's not Theresa May that is ruining the left - it's the left and all their social justice warriors who are so incredibly privileged to be born in an era where they can go to uni and do jack all but protest, scream and shout like animals. Corbyn and his feminist mafia is ruining labour, not Theresa May. People are sick and tired of leftist people who have no root in reality, who are rude, brazen and inconsiderate. Who thinks it's okay to censor people based on their views while at the same time arguing that women are oppressed when they are oppressing over half of the country by denying them rights to free speech.

self assessment is a wonderful thing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

May was a bit of a disaster on Marr. Same time as the polls are showing huge swings to Labour. No wonder she looks panicked.

I don't trust polls though

She was shocking as always. I particularly enjoyed when Marr mocked her use of slogans at the start, which she managed to resist for around 3 minutes until a question she couldn't answer about use of food banks came up - apparently the solution to helping people who can't afford to feed their families is 'strong and stable leadership'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

May was a bit of a disaster on Marr. Same time as the polls are showing huge swings to Labour. No wonder she looks panicked.

I don't trust polls though

Which polls? I don't trust them either, I feel they are becoming a bit of a 'fake news' propaganda weapon.

Â