General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I looked at the previous results - Tories increased by roughly 3,500 votes, Labour by 5,000.

Not the drowning out of Tories at all. 

It sounds like the swing may be very different in different seats, more so than usual.  If they are interpreting the results against a general expected swing, that may be a bit inaccurate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I looked at the previous results - Tories increased by roughly 3,500 votes, Labour by 5,000.

Not the drowning out of Tories at all. 

Managing expectations there, Bobzy? ;)

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Why's it looking wrong?  Were those two results not expected?

The vote change to Labour with the increased turnover + collapse of UKIP vote.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why's it looking wrong?  Were those two results not expected?

The poll had predicted a 7% swing to Labour in Newcastle .. it was 2.1 %

in Sunderland it predicted a 3% swing to Labour but it was actually a 3% swing to the Torys 

there are lots of tight seats so I'm guessing the margin of error makes those marginal seats difficult to predict now 

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/newcastle-under-lyme-keele-university-election-polls-students-stopped-voting-return-latest-a7780101.html

Key marginal? :detect: 

Students and other young people are being urged to go back to vote, after being turned away.

Voters in Newcastle-under-Lyme arrived to vote but were told they weren't on the register, because an old one is now being used. The problems are especially significant because the constituency is the home of Keele University, and is a key marginal seat for Labour, which hopes to gain votes from students.

Those turned away had registered to vote and received voting cards alongside confirmation they had successfully registered. But they found that the polling stations had been issued with old registers that didn't include their details.

Â