General Election 2017

ender4

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Regardless if the conservatives are the largest party after the counting has finished, I just hope the result is embarrassing enough for the Tory's to bin Theresa may. 

I would chuckle all weekend. 

She has failed in her task spectacularly to present to the EU a strong and stable government.

Brexit will be on the backburner now I reckon especially if there's another election in a few months time.

• Like 2

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

How does that work, I'm not well versed in this?

Main party gets its budget passed on agreed terms, they have a minority administration, support for all policies is on a case-by-case basis.  Less strong and stable than a coalition,  but workable.

• Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

F*cked over by his own party, f*cked over by the press, f*cked over by the opposition. And Jezza succeeds. So f*ckin happy!!!!!

Don't forget aided by May ... the next leader might not be so generous :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Big decision for them now. Think it's safe to say the next election won't be as far away as 2022 with these likely results.

In the 70s we had a second election when one party didn't get a majority I think.

Yes in 1974 labour were the largest party by 5 seats so they held another election that year and they got a majority

Edited by PaulC

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Don't forget aided by May ... the next leader might not be so generous :) 

Very true, but if this goes well, this will be a very different country in 5 years time. 

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Regardless if the conservatives are the largest party after the counting has finished, I just hope the result is embarrassing enough for the Tory's to bin Theresa may. 

I would chuckle all weekend. 

As much as I hate May, I'd hold off chuckling at her binning, because her replacement could be even worse. 

• Like 2

Â