General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

"I was very clear before calling this general election, that we were asking the public to give me a strong mandate for nego(s)iating Brexit talks with the EU. What is very clear, and I have been very clear, is that 300 odd is a bigger number than 200 odd, and this is undeniable proof that Britain has chosen a Strong and Stable supreme leader. My Brexit Plan will become very clear over the course of the next 8 weeks, and as I have already made clear that means no deal is better than a bad deal."

Oh god is she not going to resign?

Thought that was the only positive of this result 

57 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Fantastic result. Seems weird saying that, as Labour didn't get the win, but still amazing. From the point I first voted for Jeremy Corbyn to be leader, I knew he could do something special, and it's not even finished yet. I've been told that I was wasting my time, that people didn't want his brand of politics, and that he'd cause the downfall of the party, from which it would never recover. I could gloat, but all I can think of now, if taking it to the Tories, and bringing about some real change. I'm going for a kip now. 

You just did ;)

• Like 1

All those Scots I upset on Facebook by telling them to vote Labour for fear of letting the Tories in will.be even more upset this morning.

Well what did they do? They split their vote and let the Conservatives get in. 

Another Tory **** up.

They called the election at this time recklessly and had the cheek to use the tight timescales as a reason to vote for them. Twisting our arm.

That the country has taken away their majority is their fault, no matter how much some people will try to frame it as the fault of the voters.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Amongst the madness of the post election result won't people just take a moment to reflect on the sad fall of Nick Clegg.

Bwaahhhhhaaaa unlucky Cleggy, you sold your soul.

Just seen Salmond has gone too lol

What to make of it all, other than a humiliation for May who might just cling on the with DUP.  Some ridiculously small majorities in there, congrats to Corbyn for winning swathes of England I thought were beyond them.  I guess this means a hard Brexit is less likely, possibly another referendum? 

37 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Corbyn's Labour popping corks, after not beating the worst offering I've ever witnessed from a Tory party tells me all you need to know about them. 

Not enough to oust the Tories and not enough to change the leadership, is about the worst result I could've hoped for. (Bar a huge Tory majority)

I thought about this and Labour have been in such a bad position for the last 7 years that it has to be deemed a success.

The level people who genuinely seem brain washed into their support of May and the Tories is unbelievable, to over come some of that is incredible. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Forget if your labour or conservative how can anyone think this is a good result? A labour or conservTive majority would have been better. We go to arguably some of the most important talks jn our history with more uncertainty.

Uncertainty is infinitely better than the likes of arseholes like May and Davies being certain of themselves.

That would be the worst result by a mile. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Forget if your labour or conservative how can anyone think this is a good result? A labour or conservTive majority would have been better. We go to arguably some of the most important talks jn our history with more uncertainty

Taking away a Consevrative majority and getting Theresa out of number 10 is a great result.

Not the ideal result, but I think that was always beyond Labour.

I'm very happy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Amongst the madness of the post election result won't people just take a moment to reflect on the sad fall of Nick Clegg.

Bwaahhhhhaaaa unlucky Cleggy, you sold your soul.

run out of likes,feckin love this especially as my niece goes to uni this year as she wants to be a teacher and will come out saddled with a 45 grand debt.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A pretty damaging result for wee Nicola Crankie and her endless push for independence, especially with the losses to the Tories and their 'together' message.

Yes I think that's the one thing been put to bed in all this.  Angus Robertson gone as well haha.  Anyway talks are already going on between the Tories and the DUP so May will stay on by the skin of her teeth.  For how long until the Tories get rid I'm not sure.

Has their ever been a worse decision in uk politics than May calling this election? What a arrogant and unlikable human being. Serves her right. I hope she gets ousted but cant see it as DUP will save her.

What would be very interesting is if DUP reject a deal (wont happen) who does corbyn try beg to form a coalition with? SNP nope they wont do a deal, Li Dems? No they practically wiped out. Greens? 1 seat. So Corbyn cant do anything either

I have no doubt in 5 years time Corbyn will be PM if not a earlier election like I said before this election

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I think that's the one thing been put to bed in all this.  Angus Robertson gone as well haha.  Anyway talks are already going on between the Tories and the DUP so May will stay on by the skin of her teeth.  For how long until the Tories get rid I'm not sure.

Indeed. It's been fairly obvious for a while that the Scottish public were losing faith in the SNP and were just not behind independence especially since the EU vote.

I really didn't like Angus Robertson so I'm delighted to see him fall. It's a real warning to Sturgeon, I think the SNP will now go into slow but steady decline.

As for the Tories, well yes they will be looking to strike a deal but this result should hopefully keep them in check. Whoever does do a deal with them though should be mindful of what's happened to Clegg and the Liberals since they sold their souls for a bit of power.

Â