General Election 2017

ender4

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Regardless if the conservatives are the largest party after the counting has finished, I just hope the result is embarrassing enough for the Tory's to bin Theresa may. 

I would chuckle all weekend. 

She has failed in her task spectacularly to present to the EU a strong and stable government.

Brexit will be on the backburner now I reckon especially if there's another election in a few months time.

• Like 2

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

How does that work, I'm not well versed in this?

Main party gets its budget passed on agreed terms, they have a minority administration, support for all policies is on a case-by-case basis.  Less strong and stable than a coalition,  but workable.

• Like 2

Just now, mykeyb said:

So does this give Corbyn a mandate to continue as labour leader?

Big decision for them now. Think it's safe to say the next election won't be as far away as 2022 with these likely results.

Just now, Jareth said:

F*cked over by his own party, f*cked over by the press, f*cked over by the opposition. And Jezza succeeds. So f*ckin happy!!!!!

Don't forget aided by May ... the next leader might not be so generous :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Big decision for them now. Think it's safe to say the next election won't be as far away as 2022 with these likely results.

In the 70s we had a second election when one party didn't get a majority I think.

Yes in 1974 labour were the largest party by 5 seats so they held another election that year and they got a majority

Edited by PaulC

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Don't forget aided by May ... the next leader might not be so generous :) 

Very true, but if this goes well, this will be a very different country in 5 years time. 

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Regardless if the conservatives are the largest party after the counting has finished, I just hope the result is embarrassing enough for the Tory's to bin Theresa may. 

I would chuckle all weekend. 

As much as I hate May, I'd hold off chuckling at her binning, because her replacement could be even worse. 

• Like 2

Â