Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Something just doesn't add up for me regarding this terrorist attack.

• 4 men who has previously carried out a recon on the same building when security was very tight.
  • A serious lack onsite security during this event a short time after, considering over 6k were in attendance. Apparently there was only several unarmed guards at the time.
  • Then a response time of over an hour for proper security forces to arrive, especially considering reports indicate the building has it's own Police Station and Russia are currently on a war footing.  

Most weirdly of all, they've captured them without that ending in a bloodbath or the culprits taking their own lives, and knowing full well they'd be tortured when captured. I think the whole thing stinks tbh. Anyone willing to kill 137 innocent civilians isn't going to give a shit about survival after carrying out that sort of atrocity and in such a blatant manner. It was always a suicide mission.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is odd. Death is much more of an attractive option than what they’re going through now. They’re probably being tortured to the point where they’re being put through the maximum amount of pain an individual can suffer without actually dying. 

No way you don’t kill yourself at the scene or go out guns blazing. I do find it odd 

They were probably just picked out of a convenient prison wondering what they were being taken out for. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They were probably just picked out of a convenient prison wondering what they were being taken out for. 

lol probably. Maybe they just got bored of waiting for the cops to show up and the inevitable fire fight and their mindset changed to ‘we might actually be able to get away with this’ 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This. It's not even a debate. 

If they had died or killed themselves then the terrorists have won. (Which the real culprits definitely did) Arresting and charging people is seizing back a minute amount of control and administering justice shows the state at work.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

lol probably. Maybe they just got bored of waiting for the cops to show up and the inevitable fire fight and their mindset changed to ‘we might actually be able to get away with this’ 

I do not buy that..... They're in virtually the centre of Russia. Getting away or getting out alive would be extremely difficult, regardless of how docile Russian security forces may appear on TV.

Edited by avfc1982am
typo

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Something just doesn't add up for me regarding this terrorist attack.

• 4 men who has previously carried out a recon on the same building when security was very tight.
  • A serious lack onsite security during this event a short time after, considering over 6k were in attendance. Apparently there was only several unarmed guards at the time.
  • Then a response time of over an hour for proper security forces to arrive, especially considering reports indicate the building has it's own Police Station and Russia are currently on a war footing.  

Most weirdly of all, they've captured them without that ending in a bloodbath or the culprits taking their own lives, and knowing full well they'd be tortured when captured. I think the whole thing stinks tbh. Anyone willing to kill 137 innocent civilians isn't going to give a shit about survival after carrying out that sort of atrocity and in such a blatant manner. It was always a suicide mission.

100%.
So many elements don’t add up.

• Like 1

There’s plenty of speculation about Russia having FSB officers on location during the attack. The guy who arrested and cut off one of the terrorists ears certainly does resemble a guy recorded at the massacre calmly watching it unfold. 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Be interested to hear what @magnkarl and @bickster think about the attack. Pre planned inside job or ISIS terror attack?

I think ISIS attack. The US and allies warned of an imminent attack and pretty much described it

Putin even publicly suggested it was nonsense and propaganda by the US.

What would the motivation be to then let that attack happen, I get it as a false flag and that has happened before it’s not beyond Putin at all but in these circumstances, I really don’t get that.

I also don’t get the slow response, if Putin wanted to allow the attack then you’d be better off stopping it at the start to prove how great you are at protecting the people rather than what actually happened. The slow response time really doesn’t look good for Putin 

So for me ISIS attack, incompetent response but I have no idea if those are the real terrorists that were caught

It would be just too odd for the US to warn of an attack and then Russians deny it as propopganda and then carry out a false flag attack of their own that matched it. That would just be really strange

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Be interested to hear what @magnkarl and @bickster think about the attack. Pre planned inside job or ISIS terror attack?

Agreed with Bicks. I think the actual perpetrators are long gone/dead. That doesn't mean that the FSB wasn't involved, but they're now figuring out how badly this played in the Russian news so they've had to backtrack and find some 'perpetrators' a day later. Before the post was taken down last night, someone on reddit geo-located the 'apprehension site' outside one of Moscow's prisons where, you guessed it, a lot of newly captured Ingushetian fighters were held after fighting with the Rosgvardia there a few weeks ago.

It's not the first time the FSB plays with fire, they may have known about the attack, let it happen to try to pin it on Ukraine, and then when even ISIS-K came out and said it was them had to backtrack and find someone that looks like an ISIS terrorist. It just proves how shit the Russian security services are. Putin was set to announce a new mobilisation this week, and likely wanted something to show the people as to why that was needed. This has had the complete opposite effect. The calls are now 'Why are all our Rosgvardia units stationed near Ukraine so that terrorists can essentially walk into Moscow and attack, and what happens when our other enemies decide to do the same?'

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Ukraine claiming to have shot down 2 Zircon hypersonic missiles

Untitled-design-7-3.jpg&w=3840&q=75

zirc.png

They had travelled 580km in 3 minutes (launched from Crimea at Kyiv) 

I highly doubt this ISIS attack was a false flag operation. It doesn't seem plausible to me, but I wouldn't put anything past the FSB. I definitely would believe the four suspects are just random brown people they found who can fulfil the role of perpetrators. 

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I highly doubt this ISIS attack was a false flag operation. It doesn't seem plausible to me, but I wouldn't put anything past the FSB. I definitely would believe the four suspects are just random brown people they found who can fulfil the role of perpetrators. 

I think what may come across as implausible to most can be very plausible.

Not everything has to make sense to us. However, considering another 100,000 Russians have recently signed military contracts it is plausible that a void internally needs filling to increase security forces throughout Russia. Also, if you threaten the majority of the population with the idea of internal terrorist events becoming a more frequent occurrence then you'll also have more of the pacifists coming forward to potentially fill security voids across the board. After all terrorism can focus a whole population when it's on your own doorstep. 

I'm not saying this is what's happening but it's certainly possible especially considering some of the questionable events around the atrocity the other day.

Russia are also engaging in a proxy war with France in Central Africa too, which is why imo there has been a significant increase in the rhetoric about the French putting troops into Ukraine. There is a lot more going on now than many people realise imo.   

• Like 1

Putin's forces have attempted to sustain a push, after they've been allowed to advance by the Ukrainian withdrawal from Avdiivka.

It clicked back to Ukraine managing retreat to inflict maximum casualties.

As a sidenote, this got a bit lost with the shootings in Moscow.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got to hand it to them; the russians have got pretty good at taking out their own aircraft

Well within range of s200, no?

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Well within range of s200, no?

I think even the Russian's have reported that it was either their own missile defence system or a spontaneous engine combustion that brought  it down. Didn't even try to blame Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think even the Russian's have reported that it was either their own missile defence system or a spontaneous engine combustion that brought  it down. Didn't even try to blame Ukraine.

It’s a difficult one for Russia to stage manage. I think shooting it down themselves is slightly less embarrassing than admitting Ukraine are shooting them out of the skies.

The so called 'FrankenSAM' is what Ukraine says took out the A-50. It's essentially a 60's S-200 McGyvered with new equipment on it.

They don't have a lot of the S-200, so I think the Russians might actually be right when they admit to shooting down their own asset here.

Â